eSignal v. 10.5-- Shared Symbol List ordering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal v. 10.5-- Shared Symbol List ordering

I have just started using 10.5. It's a tremendous improvement. My only concern to date is using the Shared Symbol List feature. It seems to be a good feature with one issue. It alphabetizes the list. I have my lists broken into sections with headers and specific stock/options/futures under each in a set order. I opened the program this morning and discovered the list had been alphabetized, with all of the headers at the top and the instruments listed in alpha order below. That's useless to me. Now I have to re-arrange the list-- not an easy task. Is there a way to keep my ordering when using this feature?

Comments Gone Too

I noticed it also wiped-out all of my comments in the Comments column. This feature has moved from being good and helpful to being a pain. Am I missing something here?

Comment

Re: Comments Gone Too

IsoTrader
      With the Shared Symbol List you are sharing the list of symbols contained in a Quote [or other] window and not the fields you may have in that window. Those fields are specific to that Quote [or other] window.
      What it allows you to do is to have [for example] several Quote windows all set up with different fields and to quickly share the list of symbols between them in other words without having to re-input the symbols.
      The Shared Symbol List also allows you to share the list of symbols between different window types such as for example a Quote window, a Quoteboard and a Portfolio and - at some point in the future - between different applications such as eSignal and QuoTrek
      Alex

Originally posted by IsoTrader
      I noticed it also wiped-out all of my comments in the Comments column. This feature has moved from being good and helpful to being a pain. Am I missing something here?

Comment

Working...
      X