X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Globex fee waiver program: questions

Hi,
    In the KB article, it says one of the conditions for eligibility is:

"3. Download and log into your brokerage account through eSignal’s Trade Integration on a regular basis."

Now, strictly speaking one cannot really log into the broker account through eSignal, as far as I know. In my case I have to log into TWS separately and then enter orders through eSignal.

So, is that the real eligibility criteria, i.e. you have use eSignal to place your orders?

And please could you elaborate what the cut-off numbers are, i.e. minimum how many orders/r.t. contracts a month do I need?

Thanks.

When you set-up our Trade Integration, you'll launch a plug-in designed for that broker and yes, it does make a query right to your brokerage account. Not only can you then trade through eSignal, you can also check your account status, p/l, etc.

As a result, we got approval from the CME to provide fee-waived Globex data for approved brokers. We plan to agressively add more brokers as we build the plug-ins and get approval from the CME Group.

For this program with eSignal, there are no requirements for trading, # of shares, etc. You simply need a funded acct from an approved broker. You are also free to use whatever other trade execution frontend you choose. You just need to regularly log-in to eSignal's Trade Integration to maintain eligibility for the fee-waived Globex bundle.

Thanks for the inquiry.

Comment

Hi Scott,

Due to a bug in eSignal 10.2 or later, I can only run eSignal 10.1 on my six monitor desktop. If I install eSignal 10.5 on my laptop and regularly login to my IB account through eSignal integrated trading plugin, can I access globex data on my desktop via this globex exchange fee waiver program?

- Clearpicks

Comment

clearpicks,

As long as you log in to eSignal 10.5 and use the Integrated Trading plug-in to connect to one of the qualifying brokers on a regular basis you would be able to take advantage of Globex data on your desktop.

Comment

Sorry to keep banging on, but would logging on once a day (at any time of the day) qualify as 'regularly'?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bf2
            Sorry to keep banging on, but would logging on once a day (at any time of the day) qualify as 'regularly'?

Thanks.
            Yes, absolutely. Few times a week will work.

Thanks.

Comment

Can someone please give me a symbol list of futures products supported by this exchange fee waiver package? I called eSignal custom service and added this package half an hour ago. Now it seems I am able to access futures listed on CME globex and ecbot, but I am not able to access any realtime intraday data of NYMEX globex and COMEX globex products. Isn't GC Q9=1 the correct symbol to access GC traded on COMEX Globex and CL U9=1 for CL on NYMEX Globex? Why can I only view realtime daily charts of these two products but once after switching to 5min charts, there is either no any bars shown or only the last bar is built and updating but no any historical intraday data?

- Clearpicks
              Last edited by clearpicks; 07-29-2009, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Clearpicks,

The symbol you've indicated is apart of the package along with symbols you can find in this KB Article. However we are investigating a possible problem with users not being able to access intraday data from COMEX and NYMEX with OnDemand.

Once we have more information we'll post back here.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by clearpicks
                  Can someone please give me a symbol list of futures products supported by this exchange fee waiver package?

- Clearpicks
                  If you use the Symbol Look-up tool in eSignal, you'll see sub-sections for each of the 4 Globex services. That's the best way to determine the symbols included in the package.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

i followed the instructions in the KB article and cancelled my CME subscription. Since i couldnt find a way to add the Globex fee waiver via account management i contacted customer service and asked them to add me. I got this message back:

Sorry your account does not meet the criteria for the subscription.
                    You must have one of the three services
                    1. NYMEX Mini's
                    2. CME Mini's
                    3. CBOT Mini's

and have an interactive Broker Plattform.

Im confused now. According to the KB article: Any individual subscriptions to the CBOT Mini, NYMEX MiNY, and CME E-mini must be cancelled prior to adding the CME Fee-Waived Globex package. So what?

And yes i do have an account with IAB.

Neo
                    Last edited by neo; 08-04-2009, 02:10 AM.
                    follow the white rabbit

Comment

Is this from an email response? Please call us and we'll add it for you. Also, please pm your username and email address so I can see who incorrectly responded to your query.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
                        Is this from an email response? Please call us and we'll add it for you.
                        Yes this is an email response from esignal customer service. Ive called your NA office in between. Talked to a guy called Brandon and he added me within 30 seconds Thank you Brandon!

Originally posted by ScottJ
                        Also, please pm your username and email address so I can see who incorrectly responded to your query.

Thanks. [/B]
                        Done that, check your pm. Ive included ticket number etc, if you want i can forward you the whole conversation.

Neo
                        follow the white rabbit

Comment

Hi Scott, does this also apply to people in the UK? I asked the people here about it and they said that it only applies to the minis. I currently apply to the full CME - but only really care about anything that is traded on Globex.
                          But on reading the article it seems to talk about anything on Globex...including the minis.
                          thanks.

Comment

If you can successfully fund an account with one of the approved brokers for this program, yes, you can add the bundle. You'll need to continually meet the stated requirements to keep the service going month to month.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

I've canceled my emini package now but I cannot find the Globex fee waiver program now in the account maintenance. What can I do now?

Regards
                              Zottl
                              Last edited by zottl; 08-05-2009, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X