Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

speed of eSignal Advanced charting versus Metastock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed of eSignal Advanced charting versus Metastock.

Hello all - And thank you in advance for your advice/suggestions.

I have been using Metastock for many years. I have developed many customized some indicators, symbols, layouts, etc.

Even with a SUPER fast computer (Vista 64bit, 8gigs of RAM, Quad DCore processor, etc) I am still experiencing slow realtime charts (I use eSignal for my chart data).

I would like to know if anyone out there uses Metastock also (with data from eSignal) and if they have increased the speed of the Data Manager somehow to make charts in Metastock update faster.

Also, if anybody has experienced the same problem as me - Is it worth the time to reprogram ALL MY STUFF from Metasotck into eSignal Advanced Charting. In short would I see an dramatic increase in real-time chart speed if I use eSignal Advanced Charting as opposed to bringing the data into Metastock?

I think input from other users would be quite helpful here but it's hard to give a straight yes/no answer on your last question. We have made many improvements in terms of performance on the desktop but I don't have any comparitive data to contrast against Metastock. The issue may also be in the coding of your studies. Our EFS engine is built on Javascript and you may be able to write them more efficiently in our language. I'm no programmer so that's a guess.

Hope that helps and hopefully other users can add their insights.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X