Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread Symbol Settings Formula Help

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if you can use any data field of a market to calculate the spread & if so, how?

If you look at a quote board, you can see there are dozens of available fields that you can select. Can you for instance take the "Percent Change" data of one market and subtract/add/multiple/divide it with the "Percent Change" data of another market.

I looked at the spreads article in the KnowledgeBase so I have a general idea of what to do. I even tried the following formula...

PercentChangeMSFT - PercentChangeDELL

It did not work at all.

Does anyone have an idea of how to display such a calculation onto the main chart window so it creates an oscillator similar in appearance to the Stochastic?

Cheers,
    kbw

I will simplify my requirement. I already have the spread symbol required as I just divided one market by another. This also gave me the %change calculation that I required.

Now I only need to know how to create a chart based on the %change of the spread symbol. In fact, I will even be happy for it to be displayed as an indicator just under the spread symbol chart. The appearance could be similar to that of the MACD in terms of fluctuating above and below the 0% line

I can see that there is a line chart feature available for advanced charts. Instead of charting the OHLC, is there a way to chart another data field such as the "Percent Change"? I clicked on "Edit Studies" and I can see "Price Source" which currently says close. There are a few other options there but I needed the "Percent Change" which is not currently there.

Does anyone know how to get it there? Would I need an .efs script? Is it even possible or am I wasting my time?

Thanks,
    kbw

Comment

You may have some EFS options so I'll let our EFS gurus chime in on that topic. Our spread engine only uses OHLC in it's calculation currently. Here's a good KB article on the spread engine for addt'l info.

Thanks.

Comment

kbw

I will even be happy for it to be displayed as an indicator just under the spread symbol chart. The appearance could be similar to that of the MACD in terms of fluctuating above and below the 0% line
        The Rate Of Change (ROC) study will calculate the percentage change over the defined period
        Alex

Originally posted by kbw
        I will simplify my requirement. I already have the spread symbol required as I just divided one market by another. This also gave me the %change calculation that I required.

Now I only need to know how to create a chart based on the %change of the spread symbol. In fact, I will even be happy for it to be displayed as an indicator just under the spread symbol chart. The appearance could be similar to that of the MACD in terms of fluctuating above and below the 0% line

I can see that there is a line chart feature available for advanced charts. Instead of charting the OHLC, is there a way to chart another data field such as the "Percent Change"? I clicked on "Edit Studies" and I can see "Price Source" which currently says close. There are a few other options there but I needed the "Percent Change" which is not currently there.

Does anyone know how to get it there? Would I need an .efs script? Is it even possible or am I wasting my time?

Thanks,
        kbw

Comment

Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction with your suggestions.

I managed to find an efs study that is almost perfect to what I wanted. It is called "DailyPercentComp.efs". It does the exact calculation I needed and displays it just the way I wanted.

The only problem is that it would not work on the daily chart time frame. I think this problem could be solved within the efs section of this forum so i will give further details in my other thread at http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=31394

Thanks,
          kbw

Comment

Working...
          X