Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• round numbers

Hello,
    Few quick question hopfully somone can answer...
    First, is there an option to change the grid lines so they only show, say, every 100 ticks or 500 tick? basically what i want is a way to identify round numbers with out having to go through manually with horizontal lines. If it cant be done via the grid does anyone know of a study or script that will do the job?
    This brings me onto my second question, is there a link to a collection of 'add on' studies that people have shared?
    And finally is there a way i can change where a daily candle closes? for example with forex daily candels can i change the daily close to say midnight new york EST or maybe midnight London GMT?
    Thankyou!

Re: round numbers

tradingcube

First, is there an option to change the grid lines so they only show, say, every 100 ticks or 500 tick? basically what i want is a way to identify round numbers with out having to go through manually with horizontal lines. If it cant be done via the grid does anyone know of a study or script that will do the job?
    There isn't an option to change where the grid lines are displayed however this can be easily accomplished with an EFS such as the one enclosed below
    PHP Code:
    function preMain(){

setPriceStudy(true);

setShowCursorLabel(false);
    }
    function 
    main(Start,End,Increment){
        if(
    getBarState()==BARSTATE_ALLBARS){
            if(
    Start==nullStart 0;//grid starts drawing at this default value

if(End==nullEnd 50;//grid ends drawing at this default value

if(Increment==nullIncrement 0.500;//grid is drawn at this default interval

for (var i=Starti<=Endi+=Increment){

addBand(i,PS_SOLID,1,Color.lightgrey,i);//command to draw grid

}
        }

By default the formula will draw lines at every 0.500 starting from 0 up to 50. The Start, End and Increment values can be changed through Edit Studies. The result is shown in the following image

This brings me onto my second question, is there a link to a collection of 'add on' studies that people have shared?
    You can find hundreds of studies posted by eSignal in the EFS Library folder in the EFS KnowledgeBase
    Also search the forums as many studies have been posted here by users.

And finally is there a way i can change where a daily candle closes?
    Not that I am aware of.
    Alex

Originally posted by tradingcube
    Hello,
    Few quick question hopfully somone can answer...
    And finally is there a way i can change where a daily candle closes? for example with forex daily candels can i change the daily close to say midnight new york EST or maybe midnight London GMT?
    Thankyou!

Comment

thankyou very much, thats very helpful!

Comment

tradingcube
        You are most welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by tradingcube
        thankyou very much, thats very helpful!

Comment

Working...
        X