Alerts grab the mouse & focus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alerts grab the mouse & focus.

Whenever an alert pops up in the Triggered Alert List, it grabs the focus from whatever one is doing. This is very disconcerting. Is there a way to prevent that?

When several alerts occur in a row this can be a serious problem. It just occurred now, as I was typing this. In mid word, the mouse went away and I was typing into nothing.

jgr.
    Last edited by jgr; 08-20-2009, 08:49 AM.

Within the Alert Edit/Status Window you have the options of not having the window pop up each time an Alert is triggered. I would however recommend setting and audio alert should you decide to remove the pop up.

The setting can be done on individual or Global alerts by removing the check mark in the Alert Edit/Delete or Add Alert Windows depending on which action you're doing (see attached).

Comment

I don't find that exact window but I do have one that I can access from View and it does have that option.

However, the question I posed was really dumb in that these alerts are coming from efs that I wrote and so I need to put the switch to turn the display on and off in there myself.

jgr

Comment

Without having your EFS code to test I couldn't say if it's the culprit or not. As a test you could use one of the alerts in the Formulas\Alert Folder and see if you get the same result. We tested using the MA Alert and the Bar Replay to get the alerts to trigger.

Please let us know how this works out.

To see the Edit/Delete or Add Alert Window go to View-->Alerts in the middle of the window is Add (Add Alerts) or if you have alert already set click on the alert in the bottom pane and select Edit from the right.

Comment

That setting in the view alerts controls the popup for alerts that are set in there.

I am using this in an efs:

if (DoList) Alert.addToList (curSymbol,"DI+ Flat" + " " + curSymbol + " " + curInterval, Color.black, Color.blue);

That list is not the popup. Adding the if(DoList) and setting it as an parameter, seems to prevent writing to the window.

I run about 6 to 8 charts and each can alert on multiple conditions. So when there is a burst of activity by some news or such, then all these alerts fire at once.

Each time the Alert.addToList is executed the cursor is grabbed to write the message in the "Triggered Alert List."

I also have sounds in there and that also seems to take time away from running esignal.
          Last edited by jgr; 08-20-2009, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X