Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10.5 Perf problems

I finally upgraded to 10.5 from 8.0.

Now I'm having performance problems. On 8.0 I could run two instances of eSignal, NinjaTrader, broker window, Outlook Express, 2-3 instances of Internet Explorer, Excel, Powerpoint, etc with absolutely no problems.

With 10.5, I can only run a small fraction of those other programs before eSignal has problems (right click menus disappear, or program freezes) or the other programs don't work.

When this happens, the CPU usage jumps from around 8% to 50-60% or more. I have plenty of ram available (2 GB avail even with all the programs open) and a 2.2GHZ Dual Core processor.

Any suggestions?

bigtee

Hello BigTee,

Is it possible for you to upload a copy of your page and any EFS forumlas that your running so that we can do some testing on our side?

Please also include the specs of your machine so that we can replicate this as closely as possible to what you have.

Thank you

Comment

thanks for finally replying. I went back to 8.0 since no one seemed interested... but I would like to eventually move forward.

I could send you the layouts and the EFS formulas although there are a bunch of them. I run the same on 8.0 as I tried on 10.5

Where would I send them? I'm sure you don't want me to send to this forum..

I could upload a pics of the Performance Monitor and the two layouts I run on both versions to this forum if that would help.

My machine specs:
      Dell Vostro 400 (18 months old)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66 GHZ
      4GB Ram
      Win XP SP2
      IE 7
      2500B SATA 7200 RPM Hard Drive
      Nvidia GEForce 8600GTS Graphics
      2 17" Viewsonic Monitors.

Let me know what makes sense

bigtee

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

You can email the layouts or pages and EFS formulas to [email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X