Time template to fetch a day's data goes wrong on Fridays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time template to fetch a day's data goes wrong on Fridays

I have a time template starting at 1430 UK time and ending at 2100 UK time (i.e. 930 ET to 1600 ET), basically the US cash hours.

It also fetches only the data of the current day, i.e. the session that has started today at 1430 UK time. This is because while trading, I am not intersted about pre-market or yesterday's action. I like to start with a clean slate.

Now, the template works fine everyday except Fridays. On Fridays, it fetches data from the previous day.

See screenshot attached for illustration. This was taken just after today's open.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
    Last edited by bf2; 09-11-2009, 07:45 AM.

Here is the screenshot
    Attached Files

Comment

bf2,

We're currently investigating the issue you've reported and once we have more information I'll post back.

Thank you for you patience.

Comment

Thanks. I've noticed something similar, which may help in your investigation (or may not).

I sometimes download a day's tick data at the close of a day. I only download the action of the cash hours (i.e. 1430-2100 UK time or 0930-1600 ET).

To get this data at the close of a day, I have to specify the number of days = 2 if I am downloading on any day between Monday and Thursday. But if I am doing this on a Friday, I have to specify number of days =1, otherwise I get the data of both that day and the previous day.

Something happens on Friday as far as the number of days is concerned.
        Last edited by bf2; 09-15-2009, 01:05 PM.

Comment

bf2,

Thank you for all the information and your patiience while we conitnued to test the reported issue of the Friday Time Template. we were able to duplcate what was reported and I have forwarded the information to the appropreiate parties for further investigation.

Comment

Avery
            Do you have an ETA for the fix?

Thanks.

Comment

I apologize for the delay, due to some unforseen issues this last week I was unable to completed the testing as scheduled. Testing should be completed at the end of this week and I'll post the results.

Comment

Avery,
                Any update on this issue?
                Thanks.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have any new updates; I've reported the issue and added it to our bug database for the Product Managers and Developers. Right now we don’t have an ETA as to when we'll have a resolution.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Comment

Avery,
                    Another bit of information which may help in your resolution. The problem recurred on Wednesday, presumably because the next day was a holiday (Thanksgiving), and therefore Wednesday was treated by the bug the same way as Fridays.

Here is a screenshot (all times are UK times, i.e. ET + 5 hours).
                    Attached Files

Comment

Please tell me this bug is getting fixed in version 11...

Comment

We've done several test and it does appear this issue is addressed in the New eSignal 11.

Thank for your patience.

Comment

Working...
                        X