Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is best thing to do to increase performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is best thing to do to increase performance?

I have performance problems with esignal. Yes, I do use more charts than some also they have more studies in them.

So some questions about how to improve things. I read all the general recommendations but quite honestly that is to general.

Does minimizing charts that are active so they are not actually being graphically painted, help?

Are particular types of charts more resource intensive than others? If so which? I use a couple of range charts and I also use a 6second chart. Do those take more?

Twice recently, I have had the system crash - all windows (but not the data manager) just disappear instantly with no error message. Would increasing the stack size help here?

Once set, does stack size and heap size stay with the page or with the system? Seams they somehow get reset to defaults.

Would having two display cards help? I run two displays on one card (1 GByte ram on it) now.

Please remind us what sort of PC you are running. Processor, RAM, OS, etc and a recap # of charts, # of studies on each, # of symbols, etc.

Thanks.

Comment

I am looking for how to manage the software presentation to minimize the load on the computer. That is not computer dependent.

Please answer these questions:

Graphics minimized (Answer: less load, no change)

Graphics in window compared to full screen (Answer: less load, more load, no change)

Same studies on multiple graphics (Answer: more load, no change)

Stack & heap size (Answer: no change, improve performance)

FYI, my computer is a Core 2 Duo, 2.3 GHz, with 4Gbyte RAM and ATI Radion card driving two flat screens.

Comment

Answers below per our Eng group:

Graphics minimized (Answer: less load, no change) Less load when minimized, especially if you have lines and studies applied to those minimized windows.

Graphics in window compared to full screen (Answer: less load, more load, no change) The number of visible bars is the primary driver. A narrow, high window will draw less cpu than a short, wide chart that has more bars displayed.

Same studies on multiple graphics (Answer: more load, no change) No gain if studies are the same on different charts. Same cpu draw.

Stack & heap size (Answer: no change, improve performance) Theoretically, larger sizes should improve performance however we've never seen any significant effect.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the good information.

Comment

Working...
          X