Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection pending

Hi,
    ever since upgrading to the latest build, the data manager is pending for 5 to 10 minutes, then connects.
    The diagnostic tool states invalid host name/ip address.

please advice.

Haven't seen any other similiar reports so it's not likely related to the upgrade but you never know. If you're still seeing the issue come Monday, please contact Tech Support directly so we can see what your connection attempts look like from our end.

Thanks.

Comment

Well, chat wasn't able to see anything, besides recommending a uninstall, which I did to no avail.
      Shouldn't there be logs of connection attempts etc.?
      Could I be directed to a different server e.g.?

Comment

Thats 100% the same problem like I have.
        And I can't connect to Ninja Trader.

Comment

So you are still stuck with "connection pending"? Each time you exit and restart eSignal, you get theoretically sent to another server and that's the same thing we do from our end when we bounce your connection. We keep a daily history of connections but not in detail. The detail is only kept for a day or so. If you want to try some things on your own, I'd go into our KB and search for the term "troubleshooting". You'll get quite a few helpful articles wot work through. Alternately, next best step is to call into TS so we can work with you directly on the phone.

Thanks.

Originally posted by matt hellrich
          Well, chat wasn't able to see anything, besides recommending a uninstall, which I did to no avail.
          Shouldn't there be logs of connection attempts etc.?
          Could I be directed to a different server e.g.?

Comment

Are you saying that your issues started the moment you upgraded to the latest eSignal build as well? I'd recommend you calling into TS as well so we can help resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Thx

Originally posted by easyfresh3000
            Thats 100% the same problem like I have.
            And I can't connect to Ninja Trader.

Comment

Troubleshooting didn't do the trick either.
              It seems something changed with the data manager. Since just starting the DM still gives me the 5 to 10 min pending status.

And since I'm not alone - hey easy ;-) - maybe the fix is at your end.
              Could you provide a link to the previous build?

Thanks

Originally posted by ScottJ
              So you are still stuck with "connection pending"? Each time you exit and restart eSignal, you get theoretically sent to another server and that's the same thing we do from our end when we bounce your connection. We keep a daily history of connections but not in detail. The detail is only kept for a day or so. If you want to try some things on your own, I'd go into our KB and search for the term "troubleshooting". You'll get quite a few helpful articles wot work through. Alternately, next best step is to call into TS so we can work with you directly on the phone.

Thanks.

Comment

"you're not alone" - quoting Michael Jackson lyrics now, heh? This KB article references previous versions to d/l. I'll be curious if the issue instantly vanishes upon the loading of 10.4....

Thanks.

Comment

See, Michael knew it all along

With 10.4 I still have my connection/DM pending and the reception status indicates "NO DATA", yet the chart updates instantly. Go figure!

The only thing amiss, the snapshot window shows zeros until the DM wakes up.

Comment

Ok. I give up. I have tried everything and it still does not work.

So I have to do it the hard way:

FORMAT C:
                    Reinstall Vista

Thanks for your posts.

Comment

Working...
                    X