Cannot esignal data for other apps when esignal is running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot esignal data for other apps when esignal is running

Up until recently, I could run esignal and Amibroker together and get data for both at the same time. Now, whichever one I start up second cannot get data. It seems that some new "feature" in the esignal application will not handle two apps at once. Could you please look into this? I need both apps running as I use Amibroker for minute data and programming and I use esignal for tick charts and quote panels. I also tested this with Ninjatrader and QCollector, and I get the same problem.

What would be the purpose of limiting the number of applications accessing the esignal data to a single application if I am not running over my concurrent symbol limit?

We've made no such changes that I'm aware of and you certainly should be able to run multiple apps off the same DM on the same PC.

When you say "recently", did this occur on a specific day or after a specific event (upgraded eSignal s/w, changed PC's, upgraded AmiBroker version etc)?

What version of eSignal are you running?

Thanks.

Comment

The only thing that has changed is that I updated the version of esignal to 10.5.1721.1140. I am using Amibroker 5.26 (5/8/2009). Esignal still gets quotes for quote panel, but the charts will not update if I am running another application (Amibroker, Ninjatrader, or QCollector) first. The status window of each esignal chart says "Req Sent". Ninjatrader is free, so is there anyone else who can verify if this is a happens for them as well?

Thanks.

Comment

I wonder if there's a software conflict going since you upgraded. I'm thinking the 3p app may be loading a older file that eSignal is then using and it's causing a problem. We can help you search your harddisk for the various files eSig uses and make sure they are all in sync. Please call Tech Support and have them take a look at this thread and they'll assist you from there.

Thanks.

Comment

thomask9,

Were you able to call in and get some help on the possible s/w conflict? We did test NinjaTrader internally with the latest build of 10.5 and all worked find. We could not duplicate your experiences.

Please let us know.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott,

Just a followup to let you know that I resolved the problem. I found a link on here (http://kb.esignalcentral.com/display...15&r=0.5234186) that said Eset NOD32 could be causing problems. That was the antivirus I had installed as part of Eset Smart Security. I uninstalled Eset Smart Security, and now I can connect multiple applications at the same time.

I installed a new antivirus called BitDefender Total Security, and can still run multiple applications.

So problem solved. Maybe the diagnostic tool for esignal should look for the applications that are known to cause problems and report those to the user as part of the analysis.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X