Go to date tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go to date tool

I recently added the history back fill, but when I type in a date using the go to date tool, it says, date not found in memory, please adjust time template.

I've spent 2 days trying just about everything. I had it working once, but can't get it back,

Can anyone help?

same thing here

I am in the same boat as silverfish. I have never once been able to get that Go To Date thing to work, and I always get the same "adjust Time Template" message. I've played around with Time Templates to no avail, and I'm not even sure what one has to do with the other.

Anyone? PLEASE?

Comment

OK, I actually figured the Time Template out (somewhat) and it would seem as though you can't use Go To Date unless that date has actually been loaded onto the screen; whether it is or is not in a database file somewhere is immaterial - it has to be on the screen, which means scrolling and scrolling and scrolling or CTRL-Left Arrow, CTRL-Left Arrow, CTRL-Left Arrow...

So my new question is this: is there a way to just load all this tick data into the window without scrolling to the left over and over and over again?

Comment

hawks67

So my new question is this: is there a way to just load all this tick data into the window without scrolling to the left over and over and over again?
        You can preload the chart with the required amount of data by using Time Templates.
        See this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase for the description and instructions on how to create and use Time Templates
        Alex

Originally posted by hawks67
        OK, I actually figured the Time Template out (somewhat) and it would seem as though you can't use Go To Date unless that date has actually been loaded onto the screen; whether it is or is not in a database file somewhere is immaterial - it has to be on the screen, which means scrolling and scrolling and scrolling or CTRL-Left Arrow, CTRL-Left Arrow, CTRL-Left Arrow...

Comment

I've been playing with the "go to date" function for a bit here after seeing your post. Seems to work just fine as long as you apply a time template that loads the data you're looking to jump back to. For ex, I set the time template to load 5000 daily bars and 100,000 5 minute bars and the go to date function works just fine to take me back to a specific date.

Try reviewing that KB article that Alexis posted and update/apply the time template with your specifications. Please let us know if you continue to have any difficulties.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X