windows 7 and page files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows 7 and page files

I run windows 7 x64 version, and run Esignal 10.5.1721 (in compatibility mode for XP service pack 3, as per the exchange newsletter)

What I have found is that when I close down Esignal and continue workig on my PC, then when I later go to power it off, sometimes an Esignal process is still active.

It will ask you if you wish to save page, and if you do so then the previously saved page can get wiped; and/or if you click to 'force' shut down then the same thing can happen.

The workaround I have is to save a backup page file as well as the normal filename at the end of a session, and also the go and manually close down data manager

FYI, I also run esignal under W7 64 bit. I found it works better in normal W7 compatibility than in XP compatibility. MS in W7, put back some of the 16 bit functionality (they don't admit it but they did) and in one of the things that cut down on the speed. W7 is slower than Vista by maybe 20%).

Comment

I'm on Win7 64-bit Pro and using XP SP3 compatibility mode.

When I exit eSignal (latest 10.5), I always choose File->Exit All and Save. That closes down the Data Manager as well.

Hmm, I haven't experienced what the 1st poster has mentioned. There's no other eSignal-based process remaining when Exit All and Save is used. At least, I haven't had any layout corruption problems with this kind of exit.

Since Win7 has been stable for me so far, also, I just about always shut down my PC in with Hibernate mode.

Comment

eSignal tips

Hi guys,

Just a quick tip for you guys.

you were mentioning that you needed to close down Data Manager manually after you close eSignal. Their is actually a little checkbox setting that actually closes data manager auto when you close the eSignal program.

Here are the steps.

1) make sure eSignal is open

2) then go to FILE menu and select preferences

3) then under the General Tab tick the 'Shutdown Data Manager on Exit then hit ok

Now everytime you close eSignal it will auto close data manager, which should inturn not leave any processes running.

Just a small note on Hibernation - I personally do not recommend it when using eSignal, as it can cause some freezing or lagging in the re-loading of the pages.

Regards, Mark

Comment

great tips, havent had any issues since did the suggestions on exit all, and changing preferences

Comment

Working...
          X