Price ruler in 10.5r2 vs 8.x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price ruler in 10.5r2 vs 8.x

In 8.x, the price ruler would correctly show the distance between y-coordinates in points as they related to the contract values. For instance, the ES in 8.x, if price went from 1000 to 1002.50, the price ruler would display 2.50. In 10.5r2, it shows 250.

Now, I understand that on the y-axis, there's no decimal points so you see those price labels as 100000 and 100250, but it's always been this way, even in the 8.x releases.

Is there any way to get the decimal places in the measure of distances with the ruler back to the way they were in 8.x?

Also, I noticed if I go to the specs file and change the TF contract to have a tick represent 0.10 (correct) instead of 0.05 as it is now (wrong) and restart eSignal, the price ruler still updates by increments by 5 instead of 10.

Note to eSignal staff:

The TF Russell 2K e-mini on the ICE futures does not trade in 0.05 increments so the price ruler should never be able to increment by that amount for that contract on the chart.

My bad. I looked in the preferences and noticed that there's a "Compact Price Display" option that needs to be unchecked if I want to get the decimalization reading on the price ruler.

However, the 2nd part of my post is correct. The TF Russell 2K e-mini futures contract is incorrectly showing increments of 0.05 when measuring price distances with the ruler and it should be in 0.10 increments.

Could the maintainer of the specs.tab file PLEASE change that increment value for the TF from 0.05 to 0.10? I can do it manually on my side, but whenever that file is updated my change gets dropped on the file overwrite by eSignal.

Comment

Working...
    X