Synchronizing settings across multiple computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synchronizing settings across multiple computers

I found a similar thread here: http://forum.esignal.com/showthread....nsfer+settings ... however, that was posted in2 003, so I'm hoping things have changed / become easier

Is there a way for me to synchronize settings across computers (or even if not a synchronize, do a push from one computer to another just once)?

In particular, right now, I'm really interested in exporting my hotkeys from one computer to another as well as my default settings for lines and such (is that a style template)?

Thanks in advance!

In particular, right now, I'm really interested in exporting my hotkeys from one computer to another as well as my default settings for lines and such (is that a style template)?
    Your hotkey shortcuts can be exported from one computer to the next by moving or copying shortcuts.xml located in the eSignal directory. (C:\Prorgram Files\eSignal\shortcuts.xml)

The line settings are a little more difficult because they are stored in the registry.

Please let me know if we can answer any other questions for you.

Comment

I found registry entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/esignal. Is there a single entry that needs to be copied over or will I have to export the entire registry folder?

Comment

The Line Default setting are a little deeper in the *HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/esignal/Get/Line folder. You'll want to export the line folder and then import it to the new location.

We should add it always a good idea to back up your registry before making any changes.

*Disclaimer... Use Registry Editor
        Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. eSignal cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved.Modify the registry at your own risk

Comment

Working...
        X