data must reload every time i change symbol/time frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• data must reload every time i change symbol/time frame

i upgraded from esignal 8.0 to latest version and i found out that data must reload every time, taking it 2/3 secs:
    is it a standard mood or is it due to lack of memory of my comp?
    in esignal 8.0 data are saved and the switch is instantaneous: Why can't i keep using esignal 8.0 forever?
    thx

Max,

The way data is process and held has not changed from 8.0 to 10.5, once data has been loaded up in memory it will remain there ready for reuse should it need be.

The only time that data would need to be re-requested is if eSignal has been shutdown or the computer being used does not have adequate memory to hold all of the different symbols.

Thanks

Comment

thanks for the answer, i supposed it was a memory problem (only 2GB Ram), but i must note that esignal 8.0 works very well with many symbols and many time frames in "almost power use".
      However hope that e8.0 will work for a long long time (but dayly charts are not allowed any more for futures like ES H0...)

Max
      Last edited by max72; 12-17-2009, 06:43 PM.

Comment

I can confirm that - requests for daily data on futures no longer works on 8.0. "No Data" is displayed. In some cases attempting to do so will hang the entire eSignal process. Oddly, daily requests for #F continuous contracts seem to be ok.

Comment

Max,

It's been a while but if I'm not mistaken the contract year 0 was a bug with version 8.0.

Shortandlong does offer up an good workaround with the continuous contract (#F).

Hopefully it will be useful for you so you can continue using 8.0.

p.s. Thanks shortandlong for the workaround.

Comment

Working...
          X