Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourites bar - backup and copy to other pc

Hi,

The isntructions in the Esignal KB is below,but the favourites bar does not show on the other pc where Esignal is installed.I am subscribed to Esignal On Demand,does that make a difference?.

"Transferring the Favorites Bar to another PC
    To transfer the Favorites Bar to another PC (for sharing or backup purposes), access the eSignal directory which is located in C:\Program Files\eSignal. Copy the Favorites.xml file and paste it into the eSignal directory of the new PC. Select yes when prompted to to replace the existing file. You'll want to ensure that the eSignal application is closed on both PC's during this process."

thanks
    Last edited by nordica25; 12-29-2009, 06:31 PM.

If I understand you correctly it sounds like you've copied the file from one computer to another but you do not see the Favorites Toolbar on your charts. . If this is the case you would need to active or have the favorites Toolbar visible by clicking View on the main menu of eSignal and then selecting --> Favorites Bar, or from the Advanced Chart Toolbar -->View-->Favorites Bar.

The eSignal subscriptions should not make a difference.

Please let me know if this helps.

Comment

I have found the problem.
      I copied the favourites.xml in Program Files\eSignal rather than the virtual store.

Is it too late to turn off the UAC,where the result is that i will lose some of the user created/added info ??

I am also running windows 7 on one pc.I dont think the UAC can be turned off,but i will check that.

thanks

Comment

Working...
      X