Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal 10.6

Hi

I've installed the new version of eSignal from the website, but it won't allow me to connect saying another user is already connected.

How do I get a copy of the previous working version?

Thanks

Max
    Last edited by gekko71; 12-30-2009, 01:58 PM.

That happens to me when I get two data managers running, either on two computers or even on the same computer.

Comment

Hi gekko71,

Click here to Download Previous Versions of eSignal. As jgr mentioned that error usually occurs if you are running more than one instance of eSignal on multiple machines. Please contact our Support team if you need additional assistance.

Thank you,
      Ray P.
      eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks for the link.

I'm running a single instance of the Data manager. I've never had a problem before with updates.

M

Comment

I'm not sure what changes were made in the 10.6 release but I cannot get it to work.

First of all, retrieving any data has become painfully slow with a good 10 seconds to get a chart.

Second, entries in the quote windows all display 'No data' although when I click on any of them the chart will eventually paint (very slowly).

I will carry on running version 10.5 until you guys can fix 10.6

Regards

M

Comment

@esignal staff
            Please post release notes for 10.6 so one can see the changes and fixes of this new release (and decide if its worth updating)

Neo
            follow the white rabbit

Comment

I downloaded and installed 10.6 over 10.5 with no problems at all. I run Windows 7 64 bit. I also use the Standard version of Esignal.

What I did was shut down esignal and reboot BEFORE installing 10.6. That gets rid of anything that MS leaves running but does not tell us about that can interfere with installations.

I would suggest to the person who is having problems with the 10.6, to uninstall all esignal, reboot and then install fresh.

As far as the changes in 10.6, goes, a pop up window appears when you hit the Download button and it says to the effect that 10.6 has changes to accommodate new Options Symbology Initiative (OSI) display format that is to take effect by Feb. 1, 2010. Sounds like if one does not use option data, that it is not necessary to go to 10.6.

Comment

Originally posted by jgr

As far as the changes in 10.6, goes, a pop up window appears when you hit the Download button and it says to the effect that 10.6 has changes to accommodate new Options Symbology Initiative (OSI) display format that is to take effect by Feb. 1, 2010. Sounds like if one does not use option data, that it is not necessary to go to 10.6.
                JGR,

i read the popup too but im sure there are other changes as well. Esignal usually puts the release notes at {ProgramFolder}\Readme.txt
                Can you post or attach this file?

Neo
                follow the white rabbit

Comment

Here are the release notes for 10.6 from their own "Readme.txt"

eSignal 10.6.1819 Release (12/24/2009):

Build Numbers:
                  eSignal - Build 1819
                  Data Manager - Build 418
                  News Manager - Build 1.3.1531.1253
                  dbcapi.dll - Build 1.0.0.174
                  mfc42.dll - Version 6.0.8447.0
                  mfc71.dll - Version 7.10.3077.0
                  msvcrt.dll - Version 6.0.8397.0
                  optanalytics.dll - Version 7 05/07/01
                  proxydll.dll - version 1.0.0.1
                  implode.dll - 7/25/97

- 10.6 adds support for the upcoming change in options symbol formats called the Options Symbology Initiative. 10.6 is a required update for all options users as a result. Check the following link for more information: http://www.esignal.com/exchange/12_2...duct_news.aspx
                  - Crash reporting is now updating its memory profile on a less frequent basis. As a result, there will be less hard drive accesses in a given session.
                  - Kase Statware add-on studies have been updated per vendor request
                  - Hamzei Analytics add-on studies have been updated per vendor request
                  - WaveTracker add-on studies have been updated per vendor request
                  - PowerTools add-on studies have been updated per vendor request

Comment

Working...
                  X