Shared Symbol List re-ordering stocklists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared Symbol List re-ordering stocklists

Hi, I use 2 PCs with esignal installed on both. I transfer layouts/pages between the two and thought it would be a great idea to use the 'save shared symbol list' and 'load shared symbol list' to transfer the stocklists in my various Quote windows...I don't think it was such a good idea now!

What happens is that the stocklists are re-ordered so that all the title entries (the ones prefixed with #) appear at the top followed by an alphabetised list of the stocks. This means I have to completely re-order each list every time I load up...nightmare!

I can confirm that everything is unticked on the "Auto Sorting" menu...so what is going on?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm using latest esignal 10.6.... the latest IB plug in and Windows 7 32bit. Also, I can confirm I've followed the way to setup esignal for win 7 in the knowledge base.

Cheers,
    Crom

Crom,

Thanks for the post, this is a know issue that has been reported to our Product Manager and Developers. Let me do some checking to see what progress has been made to getting a fix in place.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks Avery, I'll wait to hear from you. Incidentally, is there a list of known bugs anywhere?
      Cheers,
      Crom

Comment

Crom,

I'm sorry we do not have a customer facing tracking system software related issue.

Comment

Thanks for your patience, Developers and Engineers are continuing to investigate the symbol sharing. We've isolating the issue to how the list is being saved on the servers, more testing is being done on this aspect and once complete we should have a clearer path as to what need to be done to correct it.

Comment

Thanks for the update Avery. I'll wait to hear about progress.

Comment

Avery, just one question...how do I turn this feature off for the quote windows that I have in a layout?

It is driving me nuts because as well as refusing to keep the order I set, the quote windows will not store new symbols that I add.

For instance, I added SDS to a window yesterday that was linked to portfolio sharing, and it has disappeared when I load esignal today. This has happened for the past three days and it's really annoying when I have set alerts etc on the ticker.

One respite is that if I remember to check whether the symbol is still there and then re-type it in, the alert has been saved!

If you can tell me how to turn this feature off I'll wait until it works properly before using it.

Many thanks,
              Crom

Comment

Avery, sorry to mess you around but I think I've answered my own question.

To disable the portfolio sharing feature you need to do the following:

CUT the line from each quote window that says which portfolio it is being shared with.

For anyone else that is stuck in the same boat...don't try deleting that line it won't work...use CTRL + X to cut that line.

I tried everything from clicking on the tick (to clear it) next to the portfolio that its shared with in the quote window menu (which I would assume is the logical thing to do), looking at the quote window properties etc but cutting the line out of the quote window appears to be the only thing that works.

I'd be obliged if you would confirm whether there is any other way Avery.

Many thanks for your help so far.
                Crom

Comment

You are correct; to stop the sharing you do have to remove the Portfolio comment at the top of the shared list Quote window. And the only way to remove the comment is by removing the line itself. Otherwise you can copy the entire symbol list to a new quote window and closing the shared symbol list window.

Now if you want to add new symbols in the Shared List, it does take a little more then just adding the symbol to the quote window and saving the quote window.

After you've added new symbols, you would need to re-save the Shared Portfolio list. Do this by first adding the new symbols to the Shared Portfolio, then click Quote Window on the main menu and then click "Save as Shared Symbol List" and select the Portfolio that you are currently using. This will add the new symbols so that when you close and open eSignal the new symbols will remain. But remember they will be sorted alphabetically.

AveryH
                  eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                  X