eSignal 10.6--incorrect chart time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal 10.6--incorrect chart time

Since upgrading to 10.6, my chart times are off. I normally use exchange time. According to esignal, on ES my chart, the major market opened at 14:30, instead of 8:30. It doesn't matter if I switch to the other two choices (local or GMT). All the charts at at this incorrect time (the NY exchange and the Chicago exchange charts are both at 16:38 right now--my local time is PST, 8:38).

BTW, I've mentioned this before, but have to reiterate. There should be a way to set an arbitrary time zone (as offset from GMT). "Exchange time" is not adequate. One problem is that you may be trading futures (CST), but relying on signals from NYSE (EST)--for instance $TICK, $TRIN, etc. If you have to look back a bit on the charts, you have to keep in mind the time zone of each. Worse, if you trade in a chat room, times are most often called in EST (upcoming reports, estimated turn times, when someone bought or sold, when a signal occurred), but sometimes in CST for futures-only rooms. If you're in PST, you are always juggling times mentally, no matter the situation.

codehead,

This is one of the more difficult issues to try and troubleshoot so we should start with the basics and work from there.

Data Manager Time Synchronization
    Data--> Time Makes sure you have the check mark for Synchronize Computer Clock

Time and Time Zone on Computer
    Confirm the time and Time Zone for your computer clock are correct also check the Year this has been know to cause issues in the past.

Also if you have any type of Atomic Time application you may want to shut them down as well.

Please let me know... Also if you could provide some screenshot of you charts so that I completely understand the issue.

Thanks

Comment

I looked at Data Manager Time Synchronization--it is checked.

I've attached a chart of today's NQ--you can see the time at the cursor (15:45), when NQ hit 1890.00. Also, you can see from volume beneath the chart that the market appears to have opened at 14:30.
      Attached Files

Comment

It might be better if we contacted you directly to try and troubleshoot this. Can you PM me your contact information and a good time to call.

Thanks

Comment

To close this thread, in case anyone else sees the problem:

Trashing the winsig.ini file fixed the problem--something in there the new version didn't like, I guess.

Comment

Working...
          X