Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick Replay Downloader

Hi,

I usually download Tick replay files for several futures market each day after the market closes. However, as of about 2 weeks ago, I find that the download speed has slowed tremendously.

I probably used to download ES daily ticks in maybe 2 minutes (you can see the number of records received steadily increase rapidly). Now it takes maybe 5-10 minutes and the records received often stops for a few seconds every now and then.

Does anyone else appear to have issues like this? Is there any other technical information I could provide to help pinpointing the source of this problem?

Thank you.

We've tested this on a couple of different machines and different eSignal version. I see the hesitation you reported but it's only about one or two second delay, the downloads have all completed in about a minute or so. Nothing greater then two when done on the Network. (this is for 10 day download).

I did see a difference in the downloads when testing on DSL line. The DSL connection did increase the time to about 3 minutes on a 10 day download. But nothing like your report of 10 minutes.

You may want to consider a clean install if the problem persist.

Comment

We've tested this on a couple of different machines and different eSignal version. I see the hesitation you reported but it's only about one or two second delay, the downloads were all completed in about a minute or so. Nothing greater than two when done on the eSignal network (this is for 10 day download).

I did see a difference in the download when testing on a DSL line. The DSL connection did increase the time to about 3 minutes on for the 10 day download.

You may want to consider a clean install if the problem persist.

Comment

Hi Avery,

Thank you for the reply. I would try a clean install and see how it goes.

However, I am beginning to think that the issue could be with my network speed as I am accessing the internet through a shared connection.

Comment

Working...
        X