X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-note (ZN) vs Bund (GB) Spread/Quote

Hi Guys,

I need help! e-signal techies have not been able to solve my issue and suggested asking in the forum.

Trying to quote and chart the T-note (ZN) versus Bund (GB) spread. The T-note is quoted in 32nds and there is a simple formula to do this in a spreadsheet (attached), however e-signal 'scoding cannot decimalize this as required.

I am hoping that there is a work-around for this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Dean
    Last edited by DeanR; 01-29-2010, 09:51 AM.

T-note (ZN) vs Bund (GB) - Cannot quote

Hi Guys,

I need help! e-signal techies have not been able to solve my issue and suggested asking in the forum.

Trying to quote and chart the T-note (ZN) versus Bund (GB) spread. The T-note is quoted in 32nds and there is a simple formula to do this in a spreadsheet (attached), however e-signal 'scoding cannot decimalize this as required.

I am hoping that there is a work-around for this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Dean
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I can't seem to open that file with any of the apps I've tried thus far. Can you put in a different format?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
        Hi,

I can't seem to open that file with any of the apps I've tried thus far. Can you put in a different format?

Thanks.
        Hey Scott, strange because it is in WORD format. Give me your email address and I will send you the file plus the dialogue of my conversation with e-signal in London.

Thnx

Comment

I was able to open it after all. I don't think you'll be able to do that calculation w/in our spread symbol engine but maybe another user has figured out another trick. Sure would be easier if all these instruments quoted in decimals!

Hope you find a solution.

Thanks.

Comment

Dean
            You can decimalize ZN as per your calculations using the Spread Symbol Settings tool (in the main menu under Tools-Spread Symbol Settings). To do this create a spread like the one in the following image

When you plot the symbol that you will have assigned to that spread [in the example ZNDECIMAL] it will plot in the chart in decimal format as you can see in the following image [where I am also showing ZN in fractional format for purpose of comparison]

At this point create a new spread [in the example ZNDECIMALB] to multiply ZNDECIMAL by 0.64 as shown in the following image

The result will be the following

Lastly create a spread between ZNDECIMALB and GB H0-DT [in the example ZNGBSPREAD] and it should plot what you are looking for

The resulting chart is in the following image

Having verified that these steps are returning the expected results you can actually simplify the logic and write the spread directly as follows [in the example ZNGBSPREADB]

and it should return the same values of ZNGBSPREAD as shown in the image below

For more information on the Spread Symbol Settings tool see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
            Alex

Comment

That's great Alex. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Scott
                My pleasure
                Alex

Originally posted by ScottJ
                That's great Alex. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
                  Scott
                  My pleasure
                  Alex
                  Thanks Alex....back in the office tomorrow so will give it a try and let you know. Much appreciated.

Dean

Comment

Dean
                    You are most welcome
                    Alex

Originally posted by DeanR
                    Thanks Alex....back in the office tomorrow so will give it a try and let you know. Much appreciated.

Dean

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
                      Dean
                      You are most welcome
                      Alex
                      Great news...it worked! Thanks again Alex, a big help indeed.

Regards,
                      Dean

Comment

Dean
                        Thank you for letting me know it worked and again you are most welcome
                        Alex

Originally posted by DeanR
                        Great news...it worked! Thanks again Alex, a big help indeed.

Regards,
                        Dean

Comment

Working...
                        X