Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbol screening process

Hi Everybody,

I am trying to set up an efficient symbol screening & filtering process, and I am currently faced with two challenges.
    First challenge - How can I load each symbol from a large list of symbols in a chart without clicking on the symbol drop-down list hundreds of times? (For example, viewing each symbol from the Russell Top 200)

I’m basically looking for a way to automate the loading of symbols in a chart, one at a time (It seems like there’s no way to create a “customize keyboard” hotkey to help move through the symbol-list. I thought about creating one Page for each of my symbols and then setting up a hotkey for the “Next Page” function, but I don’t know if I will be allowed to create hundreds of Pages.)

Second challenge – I need to find out if there is an efficient way to modify a list of symbols in eSignal. After “filtering” the 200 symbols, there may be around 50 remaining that require another round of visual screening/filtering using other indicators and timeframes. If I simply deleted symbols from the “Edit Symbols List” dialog in order to create my subset of symbols, I would have to re-enter my “master list” of 200 symbols the next time I want to do a complete screening.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to minimize clicks and the typing of symbols for this kind of process?

Thanks in advance!
    Scotty

Scotty,

You may want to consider Dynamic Quote File.

The Dynamic Quote File is a feature that can save a lot of work when importing symbols from a external file (i.e .txt) into eSignal. It's used to load data from a file generated outside of eSignal into the eSignal platform. This is particularly useful when working with a large group of symbols.

Here is the KB Article where you can read more about the Dynamic Symbol List.

Please let us know if you have more questions

Comment

Avery,

Thank you - my problems are solved!

By using a Dynamic Symbol File in a Quote Window and linking the Quote Window to my Advanced Chart, I can view each of the symbols individually in my chart by using the down-arrow and enter keys instead of mouse-clicking.

This is also a great way to manage my symbols in txt-files.

Scotty

Comment

Working...
      X