Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Computers - Different Figures

Hello,

I have a couple of eSignal accounts, each is run on a different computer.

On each computer I run a Quote Window with the same symbols.

Recently I noticed that the Percent Change column (Compute Change: From Open) on each computer shows different figures than the other, for the same symbols!

Can you please tell me what is wrong and what should I do in order to remedy this unbearable situation.

Thank you,

Nissan

Those figures should match. Change and percentage change are both calculated on the desktop so you should be able to look at the underlying data components in the "open" or "previous" field. Are the last and open figures the same on both systems? If not, there's where the troubleshooting begins. Posting screenshots always helps.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Scott

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Indeed, part of the open figures are not the same whereas part of the symbols show the same open figures. For example:
      CCJ - 24.86 on one computer and 25.33 on the other, or
      JNS - 13.92 on one computer and 13.86 on the other.

I have tried to restart eSignal on both computers but without much success.

Have you any idea what should I do?

Thank you again for your help.

Nissan

Comment

Thanks for the details.

JNS opened at 13.92 today and CCJ opened at 24.86. You can confirm that by opening T&S and looking back to 9:30am ET. First trade should be the open plus you'll see a note in the condition column "MktCntrOpn" to confirm (make sure the column for Condition is in the layout).

So, knowing that, we know the issue is with the other PC showing the inaccurate opens. And, actually, looking back one more day in T&S, those values were the open prices for yesterday (4/28). So, the opens on PC#2 haven't refreshed. Can you be sure to exit completely on PC #2 and then restart?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Scott

Thank you for your reply and help.

I restarted the other computer and the problem was gone.

Great help. Thank you.

Nissan

Comment

Glad it's all working now.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X