How to turn sound off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to turn sound off

Sometimes I just want to turn the sounds that are coming from esignal off, but have the sound on my computer on. Is there a way to do that?

Also, is there a way to turn off sound just from a particular chart? and/or study? without deleting the chart or study?

Thanks,
    Matt3m

Matt3m,

If you could provide more information on what sounds you'd like to turn off. Within the chart there are different functions that execute different sounds notifications. For example: there are 6 different notifications for trading from the charts, EFS Alert Notification and Alert themselves. Of those different notifications which are you trying to turn off?

Comment

There are a few things I would like to know.

1) How can I turn off the sound from esignal genearlly. All sounds no matter where they are from. For example, if I need to watch a youtube video and dont' want to be distracted by esignal sounds (from .efs files or from creating an alert on a symbol if it makes a new high for example). How can I do this?

2) More specifically, let's say I have many charts with the same .efs file which I created. In that .efs file there is this function

Alert.playSound('beep.wav');

However, if I don't want to hear sounds coming from this .efs file (found on multiple charts) while I watch my youtube video, how can I do this?

Or
      3) how can i turn off sounds coming from all .efs files? Or just one particular .efs file found on multiple charts.

Thanks

Comment

Thank you for the prompt reply; these are good questions and great enhancements idea for some future release of eSignal. However with the current version of eSignal there isn’t a master volume control. Any alerts you set with an executed sound would have to either be removed or the sound indicator switched to a pop up message no sound.

For any EFS studies with sound functions you would need to comment out the sound functions for them not to execute. As mentioned above this are good enhancement ideas and I'll forward the link to this post to the Product Manager for consideration.

Sorry the news could not be better.

Comment

Use your system tray (near the clock) to control your master PC sound. Click "mute".
          Brad Matheny
          eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
          X