efs study not visible in Win 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• efs study not visible in Win 7

I modified an Ichimoku script on another computer. It runs on the XP computer. I brought the file over to my Windows 7 machine. I can see the file in Windows explorer. I can double click on the file in the explorer and open it to edit in eSignal and conduct a "Save As". eSignal 10.6 however refuses to recognize the script to add to a chart. It is not visible on the open script dialog list at all. I can not open the file the regular way in eSignal using Tools>EFS>Editor, as far as eSignal is concerned the file does not exist. The properties of the file is normal (not hidden or read-only). In the properties window it is recognized as an eSignal file.

This behavior is very strange and I don't understand. What is it about a file that is required for eSignal to recognize it as a valid script file? My script is attached.
    ....Mike

More than likely, this is do to "permissioning" in Windows 7. I don't use Vista or 7 (I like XP), but as I understand it, your USER in Windows is defaulted to a normal permissioning (not Administrator). Thus, if you place a file into a folder, you might not be able to see it because of the permissioning.

The other things is you might have changed the extension of the file from ".efs" to something else. This could cause a problem too.

Finally, under Windows 7 and Vista, eSignal installs in the "Program Files (x86)" folder. This is where you want to place any EFS files to be visible in esignal. If you place them in "Program Files", I don't believe they will be visible in esignal.

I hope this helps? You might want to try EMAILING the efs file to the other PC, then OPEN it from the email (it should open into esignal), then use SAVE AS to save the file to your new PC. This will probably avoid all the permissioning issues and get it working for you.
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
    X