Data Access and CME Waiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Access and CME Waiver

Is there a reason why the data access package is not compatible with the CME Waiver? I realize that part of this is due to the charting having to be linked directly to my broker. But if I am using a software platform which also links directly to my broker i.e. Ninja Trader, Market Delta or Neoticker then why can't the same conditions apply?

I am an existing DTN customer and they allow for a CME waiver if orders can be placed through your charting package to your broker. Are there any plans for eSignal to roll out a similar package?
    Last edited by davewolfs; 07-01-2010, 10:12 PM.

Dave,

The CME Waiver does not inherently prevent data access for 3rd party software packages. That is, however, a facet of the eSignal OnDemand package. If you would like to use CME data in a 3rd party package without an paying for exchange fees, then you would need eSignal Premier.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
      Dave,

The CME Waiver does not inherently prevent data access for 3rd party software packages. That is, however, a facet of the eSignal OnDemand package. If you would like to use CME data in a 3rd party package without an paying for exchange fees, then you would need eSignal Premier.
      Yes - but I do not require eSignal charting, although I do require access to real time stocks. So why not allow this with the data only package if the 3p software supports the brokerage since the waiver allows for it?

Comment

Our CME fee-waiver program is predicated upon verifying your account with an approved broker via our Trading Integration module (only available w/in the eSignal software). If you don't run the eSignal app, we can't verify that you have an acct with an approved broker. That's why we can't offer the fee-waiver on our data-only offerings.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
          Our CME fee-waiver program is predicated upon verifying your account with an approved broker via our Trading Integration module (only available w/in the eSignal software). If you don't run the eSignal app, we can't verify that you have an acct with an approved broker. That's why we can't offer the fee-waiver on our data-only offerings.

Thanks.
          I see - what if my broker provided you with confirmation that I was using software compatible with their interface and it was also compatible with your data feed - in fact they only use one platform.

Comment

At this stage, with our large base of customers, we need to rely on automation for programs like this. Trying to manage this fee-waiver via manual administration just isn't practical for us.

Thanks for your interest though.

Comment

Working...
            X