• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No scrolling bar for chart?

Hello,

I am new to esignal. (moved from TS).

Facing a problem,

As I load a chart (say AAPL, 144 tick chart), and if I want to scroll back, right now, I am holding the chart thro cursor and pulling it forward so that I can see the past data.

The problem with this is, as I try to see the old data, the data starts loading (at that time) and the indicators take their own time to load.

Why is that there is no scroll bar at the bottom of the screen that I can use to scroll back? This approach may allow certain days of data present on the chart when I need and not start loading at that moment.

Please help / advice

Sam

Re: No scrolling bar for chart?

Sam
    eSignal does not use a scroll bar to scroll a chart horizontally. You do that either by clicking and dragging the chart right or left or by using the cursor arrows or Ctrl+cursor arrows for faster scrolling
    That said even if there were a scroll bar that would not imply per se that the required amount of data would be loaded as that is a function of the Time Templates and not of the scroll bar much in the same way that in TS the amount of data loaded is set through the Format Symbol dialog box and not as a function of the scroll bar
    For information on Time Templates and how to use them see the linked article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase which includes a specific example on how to load a defined number of days of tick-bars. For the other types of tick-based intervals replace the T shown in the example with the corresponding letter ie R for range-bars, V for volume-bars, S for seconds-bars, P for price change-bars
    Alex

Originally posted by Sam7768
    Hello,

I am new to esignal. (moved from TS).

Facing a problem,

As I load a chart (say AAPL, 144 tick chart), and if I want to scroll back, right now, I am holding the chart thro cursor and pulling it forward so that I can see the past data.

The problem with this is, as I try to see the old data, the data starts loading (at that time) and the indicators take their own time to load.

Why is that there is no scroll bar at the bottom of the screen that I can use to scroll back? This approach may allow certain days of data present on the chart when I need and not start loading at that moment.

Please help / advice

Sam

Comment

Thank you Alexis.

May be a feature to be considered for next version.

Rgds,

Comment

Sam
        You are welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by Sam7768
        Thank you Alexis.

May be a feature to be considered for next version.

Rgds,

Comment

Working...
        X