Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal Not Responding On Saturday???

Hi,

I am running eSignal 10.6. Today, eSignal is freezing with the gray Not Responding message, after numerous startup attempts on a Saturday morning. I can't look at my charts.

Can someone please explain why this is happening and what the resolution is?

Thanks

Andy

eSignal Not Responding On Sunday???

Hi,

Again, eSignal is freezing with the gray Not Responding message, after numerous startup attempts. This time on a Sunday morning. I can't look at my charts. This is getting old and frustrating...

What is causing this and how do I resolve it?

Thanks,

Andy

Comment

eSignal Is Working OK Sunday Evening

OK. All weekend I could not view my charts. After starting eSignal, my saved page loaded successfully along with the chart data. As soon as I attempted to scroll back in time, the eSignal charting application grayed out and I saw the Not Responding in the title bar, along with the Windows circular icon in motion. I could not do anything but terminate through end process management in Windows task manager.

After the market opened on Sunday evening, my eSignal charting application is working 100% normal.

This happens every weekend. I would like to know what is causing this, and what the resolution is. Surely I should be able to look at offline charts when the market is closed on the weekends??

Thank you for your support.

Andy

Comment

Service should be fully functional all weekend long and our network is monitored 24/7 365 days a year. That said, obviously there was some issue with you connecting it sounds like.

We don't have the log back to Saturday but we might be able to figure out what was going on based on your experience Sunday.

On Sunday, I can see from our logs that you attempted to log-in around 10:46 am, again around 11:40 (all times PT) again around 3:43pm and then logged off around 6:45pm. To confirm, were you unable to load charts at 10:46 and 11:40 but were OK when you tried at 3:43?

I also see that you requested to be routed to intraday tick and quote servers as of 9/10. Did you have these connection problems prior to 9/10?

Thanks.

Comment

Also, can you tell us a little about your connection via Verizon to us. It appears you've been connecting via the same IP since 9/12 but prior to that, had been on a different IP since 8/12. Do your weekend charting issues pre-date 9/12?

Do you pay for a static IP address?

No idea whether any of this is relevant yet but just looking for some possible clues...

Thanks.

Comment

Hi ScottJ,

Thank you for your reply.

I was able to load charts each and every time during the weekend successfully. As soon as I scroll backwards, the Not Responding issue occurs. I am currently traialing Market Delta using eSignal as the data feed. That application worked fine over the weekend without issue.

If I terminate eSignal on Friday afternoon and restart it over the weekend, I can recreate the issue. If I leave eSignal running from Friday through the weekend without an application restart, I have no problem.

Sometime over the weekend, I changed the eSignal CM IP Address from CM*.esignal.Com to CM3.esignal.Com and experienced the same application freeze.

I do not experience any eSignal issues during the week when the market is open.

Also, I do not pay for a static IP address. I do not believe there is an IP issue with Verizon as I have no other issues with other applications I run on this PC.

Thanks again,

Andy

Comment

Interesting. Can you tell us what broker plug-in you are using? If it happens to be Transact, I think we may know what the issue is.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X