Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlaying stocks scaling issue

Hello again,

I'm trying to overlay $ADV and $DECL to give me a Advance/Decline market breadth window for the NYSE. I'm having a problem lining up the scales for both stocks in the same window. Is there a way to make sure the scaling is equal for both indexes?

Thanks,

- Jeremy

I can't quite picture what you want the chart to eventually look like in terms of the scale. Would it make sense to create a spread with those symbols and chart that instead?

Thanks.

Comment

Here's an illustration of my problem (see attachment)

You can see that though the value of both indexes are similar, the scale that is used is quite different, and no matter how I manipulate it I can't get it to match up.

Yeah maybe a spread would be the best way, you mean using a custom formula right?
      Attached Files

Comment

BelgianJ
        In Edit Studies set the overlaid symbol to the same Scale as the main symbol.
        As to creating a spread as Scott Johnson suggested use the Spread Settings Tool [or enter it directly as a symbol] or you can just use the symbol $ADD
        Alex

Originally posted by BelgianJ
        Here's an illustration of my problem (see attachment)

You can see that though the value of both indexes are similar, the scale that is used is quite different, and no matter how I manipulate it I can't get it to match up.

Yeah maybe a spread would be the best way, you mean using a custom formula right?

Comment

Problem solved thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X