Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbols limitations

Hi.

Regarding the symbols count and limitations, having a 200 symbol limit means that we cannot have more than 200 symbols on a quote window?

In the knowledge base article, there's no reference if a symbol, when in hibernation is counted or not.

Imagine that we'll have, in the new eSignal 11 for example, 10 tab pages and in each we'll have a quote window with 100 symbols.
    This will give us a total of 1000 symbols on a 200 limit.
    Since we can only have one tab opened at a time, we'll never have more than 100 symbols receiving realtime data. The other 900, on the other 9 tabs, theoretically, will be hibernating.

Is this correct?

Regards

Yes, you basically have it. With hibernation, the notion of your symbol count has been rendered far less meaningful because only active, streaming symbols count against that limit.

Thanks.

Comment

While hibernation of large lists are working great, so that one can have many tabs with different lists there is a problem when one is using DDE to Excel.

I have a few Excel files each one with 100 symbols in it. I am only opening one Excel file at any time and I close Excel completely before I open another file with 100 symbols. Normally there are hours between re opening Excel, since they refer to different markets.

eSignal 11 somehow keeps in memory the old symbols that were used to DDE and tallies them with the new ones so that I exceed the limit inadvertently. Then I am forced to close down eSignal and reopen it so that the symbol count for the instruments that I DDE will start from zero.

Is there something that can be done so that I do not have to reboot eSignal ?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

gem2004
        Open the Data Manager and in the main menu select Data-> Symbols... and click the Reset DBs button
        Alex

Originally posted by gem2004
        While hibernation of large lists are working great, so that one can have many tabs with different lists there is a problem when one is using DDE to Excel.

I have a few Excel files each one with 100 symbols in it. I am only opening one Excel file at any time and I close Excel completely before I open another file with 100 symbols. Normally there are hours between re opening Excel, since they refer to different markets.

eSignal 11 somehow keeps in memory the old symbols that were used to DDE and tallies them with the new ones so that I exceed the limit inadvertently. Then I am forced to close down eSignal and reopen it so that the symbol count for the instruments that I DDE will start from zero.

Is there something that can be done so that I do not have to reboot eSignal ?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Thank you Alexis for your prompt reply. Your contributions to the forum are extremely valuable.

The work around works well. Clicking Reset DBs clears the symbols tally but it has to be done after I have opened an Excel file and get the message “Remote data not accessible. Start application 'WINROS.EXE'?”

It is a bit messy and certainly if symbols that are not currently used with DDE were to automatically hibernate it would be great.

Seasons Greetings

Comment

Working...
          X