Was any testing done on V11 before release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was any testing done on V11 before release

This is a question for the product manager.

Did any testing get done before releasing V11.

This product should only be a Beta release, if it was Im sure many of your users including myself would not be as critical.

Do you really expect a decent answer?

I asked the same - QA dept. does not exist there...

Comment

No I dont, but maybe with enough posts letting them know that this is not good enough the message may get through and something may get done about it.

Comment

Lets hope ...

BTW: Ver 7 was also a lemon until Ver 7.2

Comment

V11

eSignal version 11 was tested and is being tested extensively. That being said, the version that we released does not include all of the features from the eSignal 10 series. It’s an evolving platform because we understand how hard it is to move from one to another. We released eSignal 11 with the ability to run it along side eSignal 10.6 so that clients can begin to play with the new product and the direction eSignal is going. eSignal 11 by no means is a complete program and in many cases it isn’t meant to replace the eSignal 10.6. We will be adding features both new and old to eSignal 11 as time goes on. If there is a feature not in the program that you would like to see, all of our users are encouraged to click on support at the top of eSignal 11 and then select “Request a Feature”. Also on this menu is the ability to report a bug.
          Thank you,
          Eric O.
          eSignal Support

Comment

Eostrom:

Your comment that Version 11 is an "evolving platform" -- with more changes pending -- strikes me as honest and realistic.

However, I was taken aback [in the most agreeable way!] by your statement that Version 11 "isn't meant to replace the e-Signal 10.6" in every way. I had assumed that the chief purpose underlying a new platform version was to replace the previous one. I use Version 10.6 and will be happy to use it for the next 15 years -- I'm not looking for changes. Are you saying 10.6 will continue to be supported, with e-Signal developers attending to 10.6 version problems, speed, stability, etc.,?

pot

Comment

pot,

You are correct. We have no intention of forcing users over from 10.x to 11. They are two separate applications despite the versioning numbers, and there are no plans to discontinue support for 10.6. I can say that that version is in maintenance mode, meaning that there is not active feature, enhancement development on that platform, however if major bugs appear, we will certainly take a look.
              Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

Jay F.:

Thank you for your clarification. I can already hear the sighs of relief -- as well as a fanfare of trumpets -- coming from many of this board's members.

pot

Comment

Working...
                X