Why would you release the 64bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would you release the 64bit?

I can appreciate that this is a complete rewrite - I love the look and feel of 11 and I will continue to give it a chance - albeit the November beta release, not the Gold release. Which leads me to my question - why would you release the 64 bit when even your tech support people have acknowledged that there are speed issues with it? Especially when your promo says to download it in order to take advantage of the faster 64 bit machines. Was it even tested?

As a day trader who looks at 100s of charts a day, the Gold version is unusable.

Memory, probably. As I understand things, eSignal hold a lot of data in memory. With 32bit only 3-3.5GB is available. In 64bit this is considerably more (constrained by either the motherboard or your budget. It probably would be a bit (not even going to try to quantify "bit") slower with 3GB RAM, but I would expect it to have the potential to be faster with 6-8GB ram as more data/charts can be kept in memory than much slower disk. I would expect the response time to be more consistent (good or bad).

Anyway, that is my thoughts.

TC

"the mind is like a parachute, it works best when its's open"

Comment

Good points but I do have an i7CPU, 9GB Ram - it's a gaming computer so that shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

It "MAY" be down to a component still running in 32bit mode. I noticed that "Winros.exe" is still 32bit, but I am guessing.

For me, the 64bit version seems to be running a bit faster than 10.6 particularly at times of high activity. But I am quite prepared to accept that it is my perception and that it won't be the same for everyone.

Comment

Working...
        X