eSignal 11 first impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal 11 first impressions

OK I spent 4 hours today setting up my page and configuring what I could to mimic my 10.6 setup. Here's some feed back.

I'm Windows 7 64bit i& CPU 8GB Ram.

Love the L&F I use the frost theme as I need to print charts so white back ground. Like the consistent Object focus.

I have found a few bugs/missing features I submitted those via the Support link. When I submit a bug/feature how do we know this is being addressed what is the procedure for fixing bugs/feature ? Nearly everything I have found is supported in 10.6. Would be nice to be able to save individual objects so that they can be used across pages.

If you guys need help testing V11 let me know as I have a set of 5 eSignal users, Daytrader.

Thanks
    Simon Allen
    Attached Files
    Simon Allen

OK I spent 4 hours today setting up my page and configuring what I could to mimic my 10.6 setup. Here's some feed back.

I'm Windows 7 64bit i& CPU 8GB Ram.

Love the L&F I use the frost theme as I need to print charts so white back ground. Like the consistent Object focus.

I have found a few bugs/missing features I submitted those via the Support link. When I submit a bug/feature how do we know this is being addressed what is the procedure for fixing bugs/feature ? Nearly everything I have found is supported in 10.6.

If you guys need help testing V11 let me know as I have a set of 5 eSignal users, Daytrader. Attached is a shot of my page zoom in to see detail.

Bugs
    1/ Watch List missing Comment column
    2/ Watch List Extended Hrs Change % column incorrect calc, values uses open price not prev close price as start point see 10.6
    3/ Watch list under Properties/Direction in the drop down Color & Flash need an option All Cell excluding Symbol column so that will be white and not flashing see 10.6
    4/ Quote bar linking not working, only one way !! Also columns need to be configurable and need to be able to move it see 10.6
    5/ Advanced charts Data Window columns need to be customizable i.e who need bar # Date, Time, Price I use only Open/Close/High/Low/Volume. See 10.6
    6/ NO level II window unless u subscribe to level II. I only use Level I in eSignal as I have Level II in IB but I need the Level II object as I add my buy/sell buttons with hard share qtys there.
    7/ Would be nice to have a built in bar countdown clock on charts I have an EFS see my main charts.

OK would upload a screen shot but only allowed 1K file so another bug fix this blog !!!

Thanks
    Simon Allen
    Last edited by simonnallen; 01-12-2011, 09:11 AM.
    Simon Allen

Comment

OK another missing feature Global/ Alerts/Time

1/ No global alerts time. I use these to set the mkt reversal times and attach sound files and no pop up. i.e 9:35 10:00 10:30 11:15 e.t.c see 10.6 also note in 10.6 the sound file does not always attach to the alert this is a bug .
      thanks Simon
      Simon Allen

Comment

v11.0.2209 - Jan 25, 2011

OK downloaded the latest version above and not one of the bugs I reported has been addressed also this version is really CRAP. I get not data on weekly/Daily charts and the detail quote window now has no fields in it at all!!

Note there is also no release notes with the software Joke

OMG who ever is the QA manager at Interactive data please fire them a.s.a.p. At least get the basics working first.

20yrs in IT Development and I have never seen such a bad release for a production platform.

And I pay for this product. !!!

Simon Allen

Comment

We'll look into your reported issues but this was a mini-maintenance release to correct some bug crashes we were seeing. 11.1 is due in late Feb and you'll see changes/improvements in that one. 11.2 is slated for April as well.

In the meantime, I'd recommend you stick with 10.6 for your daily use.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

e Signal v11.0.2209

Thanks for the response as we are still in the early versions of eSignal 11 you may want to push releases out every couple of weeks. This will allow you to get better feed back from end users and hopefully allow you guys to address some of the basic bugs that just aren't getting caught.

It will also allow you to prioritize better features that are must haves verses those that you guys think we need of the bat.

Thank
            Simon Allen

p.s email me if you want my page setup or help with testing pre releases.
            Simon Allen

Comment

Working...
            X