What can be transferred from 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can be transferred from 10?

I hadn't checked the forums for a while and just 'discovered' that 11 has been released. I downloaded and opened 11 on my old computer, and started by looking for how to open one of my layouts - no luck. The Getting Started video didn't help - there was no reference anywhere to importing previously developed layouts, charts, hotkeys, alerts or quote lists.

Can you please clarify what can and can not be transferred from 10? Other than efs's, it seems everything has to be built from scratch - correct?

Regards
    shaeffer

Conversion tools are in the works so we're recommending that existing subs run 11 and 10.6 side by side for now.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Scott. Just knowing my old layouts won't open in 11 is a first step.

I'm going to have to think about how I can beneficially run 10.6 and 11 side by side (since I don't have any unused monitor space). Maybe opening floating quote lists in 11 and resetting alerts (to replace my existing lists/alerts), then reducing the empty 11 main window. But only worth it if during premarket, alerts now trigger based on the last premarket price, not yesterdays close - is that feature working in 11?

Similarly, I'll have to look at what other new features I can 'patch' into my existing layout. T&S used to always freeze or lag, maybe I'll try that as a floater too and see if multi-threaded (MT) design keeps that current. It will be interesting to see if running two apps, one with MT, will result is net better CPU useage.

Regards
      shaeffer

Comment

Working...
      X