New Bar Width, Bar Spacing functions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bar Width, Bar Spacing functions

- Increase/Decrease Bar Width has been added (Shift + Left/Right Arrow)
    - Increase/Decrease Bar Spacing has been added (Alt + Left/Right Arrow)

The Bar Spacing function seems to be identical to dragging the x-axis, except that it is limited to the extent it can be contracted. I'm just guessing it's limited to avoid the bars running together.
    However, it is sometimes useful to have a quick broader view of the chart and those who use the keyboard might prefer it to be the same as dragging the x-axis. Also, if you bring the current bar back into view by clicking the arrow in the bottom right hand corner of the chart, the Bar Spacing function is unresponsive. You must first click somewhere on the chart to activate it. The same is true for the Bar Width function.

The Bar Width function does not widen/narrow the bars while keeping the x-axis in place as 10 does. Before it starts to widen the bars it expands the x-axis quite a bit. I imagine that's to avoid the bars running together and creating a smudge as happens in 10. However, it seems that there is enough leeway to widen the bars somewhat before causing the x-axis to expand. Also, once the bars have widened and the x-axis has expanded, Shift + Left Arrow narrows the bars but does not contract the x-axis back to where is was.

I found the above after installing 2209 on my Vista laptop here in Starbucks. I'll try it on another OS when I get home.

jay

Re: New Bar Width, Bar Spacing functions

Sorry, meant to say that this is with Bars not Candles. This part of the widening function with Candles seems to work fine.

Originally posted by jay60
    - The Bar Width function does not widen/narrow the bars while keeping the x-axis in place as 10 does. Before it starts to widen the bars it expands the x-axis quite a bit. jay

Comment

Working...
    X