Left Scale menu and function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left Scale menu and function

In 2209 when you right click on the y-axis when it's on the left the menu is shortened and only Left Scale & Right Scale appear.
    This is alright if the right scale is also in view. But if it isn't I was looking for a way to apply Log Scale etc., and while clicking on the left and right scales 11 crashed. I sent a crash report.
    Unless there's a way to apply all of the selections without reopening the right scale, wouldn't it be more convenient if the whole menu were displayed?

As I metioned in the crash report, in past versions as well as in 2209 the shortened menu opens in the right scale too. But it happens only once in a blue moon.

Also, the double click function doesn't work in the left scale.

jay

Re: Left Scale menu and function

jay

In 2209 when you right click on the y-axis when it's on the left the menu is shortened and only Left Scale & Right Scale appear.
    This is alright if the right scale is also in view. But if it isn't I was looking for a way to apply Log Scale etc., and while clicking on the left and right scales 11 crashed. I sent a crash report.
    Unless there's a way to apply all of the selections without reopening the right scale, wouldn't it be more convenient if the whole menu were displayed?
    The complete menu does appear on the left [see enclosed screenshot] once you assign an object [symbol and/or study] to that scale

It will once you assign an object to that scale [btw note that double clicking only resets the Scale and not Auto-Scale]
    Alex

Originally posted by jay60

As I metioned in the crash report, in past versions as well as in 2209 the shortened menu opens in the right scale too. But it happens only once in a blue moon.

jay

Comment

Hi Alex,

Thank you. By 'assign an object' is there something to do other than what I've done in the attached image?

Yes, the double clicking only resetting the scale rather than enabling Auto Scale in this latest version is an improvement in my opinion. I hate Auto Scale!!

Thank you again,
      Jay
      Attached Files

Comment

Jay

By 'assign an object' is there something to do other than what I've done in the attached image?
        That only enables the display of the Scale on the Left or Right [or both].
        To assign an object to the desired scale right click the object on the chart and in that context menu select Left Scale or Right Scale accordingly. Admittedly the wording for these commands should be Scale Left and Scale Right as that is actually their function. FWIW I have already made this suggestion to eSignal

I hate Auto Scale!!
        I instead love it
        Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you. By 'assign an object' is there something to do other than what I've done in the attached image?

Yes, the double clicking only resetting the scale rather than enabling Auto Scale in this latest version is an improvement in my opinion. I hate Auto Scale!!

Thank you again,
        Jay

Comment

Alex,

OK, now I see that you have to click on the object itself and enable the left scale from within the menu that pops up. Thought it could be done in the menu the pops up when clicking on the y-axis.

Thank you again,
          Jay

Comment

Jay
            You are welcome
            Alex

Alex,

OK, now I see that you have to click on the object itself and enable the left scale from within the menu that pops up. Thought it could be done in the menu the pops up when clicking on the y-axis.

Thank you again,
            Jay

Comment

Working...
            X