Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My v11 Bug List and Wishlist

Hello,

Below is the list of bugs and features that I (greatly) miss from v10 that I hope is planned for v11. Any update is appreciated. :]

I am running v11.0.2195.912 (64bit)

ARROWED TREND LINES: I draw arrows a lot; as a note taking tool (defining a beginning, end, and direction of a trade and use color to have other meanings) and as a discussion pointing tool in screen shares/videos. It seems there is only a small little arrows now, but not a "ray". PLEASE, bring this back! I can't stress this enough. I tried to make due with the new little arrows and they don't give near the information that a simple v10 arrow gives. The v11 arrow doesn't tell me if the arrow is a NEW trade taking place, exiting a trade, exiting all or just part, etc.

Here is an example of a chart that I draw up daily using v10 arrows.
    http://neotoolbox.com/charts/2011.0...etupSummary.png

On a similar note, I miss having "extended lines" as separate tool from just a trend line. Not a deal breaker, but a definite annoyance.

SEND TO FTP: Perhaps I am missing how to do this, but can we no longer save a screenshot to local disc/FTP? I also use this feature a lot, as in the above example, which was FTP'ed to our server from within eSignal v10.

RELOAD EFS AFTER ERROR: We develop a lot of EFS scripts. If a script is running fine, it is easy enough to right-click and reload a script. If there is a script error, how do you reload it now? Remove and re-add? If so, this is a very slow process that I hope has a solution in the future.

DOCK THE FORMULA OUTPUT WINDOW: Some of my scripts use the "Formula Output" window to spit out data and summaries of what the script sees. Thus, I use it as an important window on my "page" that is constantly visible. It would be nice to be able to dock it like a chart. In the meantime, I have a dummy chart that takes up a chunk of space that I put the formula output window over. Also, it would be nice to not have it "always on top". Finally, it would be nice to have the option to allow text in the output window to wrap.

HOT KEYS DON'T WORK ON DOCKED WINDOWS: You probably are aware, but it seems that the drawing tool's hot keys only work on a detached window. Dock the window and they stop working.

FONT SIZE DIFFERENCE: From v10 to v11, it seems that all text drawn from EFS scripts are larger. Not a big deal, but I do have to tweak my scripts to accommodate. Perhaps the default font is different, which is a typically larger font? Not a big deal, but something I noticed.

ALERT BUBBLE SPANS MONITORS: I like the new alert bubble on the bottom right that displays info of alerts, connection issues, or EFS issues. However, if you run multiple screens, this bubble seems to span multiple monitors making it hard to read. It would be nice for it to stay on the one monitor.

WATCH LIST NOT COLOR CODING PERCENT CHANGE: The "Change" column is colored red/green if the number is down/up, respectively. It would be nice if the "% Change" was also color coded this way, as in v10.

EFS "setShowCursorLabel()" NOT WORKING AS EXPECTED: I typically set this function to false. I expect it to then hide the script from the "Data Window". In v11, I have to manually hide the label, even if I set this value.

EFS TITLES DISAPPEAR IN "Format Object" WINDOW: For some reason my custom EFS often have their title disappear in the "Format Object" window. I'm not sure why.

FIB RETRACEMENT TOOL NOT REMEMBERING ALL SETTINGS: You are probably aware of this bug. I personally don't use the "distance lines", so I turn them off and try and set this as default. However, when I draw a new retracement tool, the distance lines are still there.

I've run into a few random crashes, but overall, I feel v11 is a GREAT first step at a new from-the-ground-up tool. There are some glitches, but I'm sure they will be taken care of in future releases. Thanks for all your hard work!

(If you only hear one thing from this message, please bring back the arrowed trend-lines! :] )

Thanks!
    Daniel
    eSignal File Share: http://share.esignal.com/groupcontents.jsp?groupid=1130

Re: My v11 Bug List and Wishlist

Hello Daniel,

I'll respond to each item below based on current estimates and schedules. Please note that some of this is subject to change as these items are developed.

Originally posted by neoikon
    ARROWED TREND LINES: I draw arrows a lot; as a note taking tool (defining a beginning, end, and direction of a trade and use color to have other meanings) and as a discussion pointing tool in screen shares/videos. ...
    This is planned for 11.2 (mid-Spring).

On a similar note, I miss having "extended lines" as separate tool from just a trend line. Not a deal breaker, but a definite annoyance.
    You can create extended lines and rays by double clicking a line and putting a check next to Extend Left / Right. You can also set that as default if needed.

SEND TO FTP: Perhaps I am missing how to do this, but can we no longer save a screenshot to local disc/FTP? I also use this feature a lot, as in the above example, which was FTP'ed to our server from within eSignal v10.
    You can still run 10.6 and 11 at the same time and the screenshot in 10.6 tool will work to take images of 11. We are planning on implementing a native screenshot tool in 11, however not until 11.3 or 11.4; summer-time essentially.

RELOAD EFS AFTER ERROR: We develop a lot of EFS scripts. If a script is running fine, it is easy enough to right-click and reload a script. If there is a script error, how do you reload it now? Remove and re-add? If so, this is a very slow process that I hope has a solution in the future.
    Press F5 to refresh the chart or use the window menu to select refresh. http://screencast.com/t/KYynsY5V

DOCK THE FORMULA OUTPUT WINDOW: Some of my scripts use the "Formula Output" window to spit out data and summaries of what the script sees. Thus, I use it as an important window on my "page" that is constantly visible. It would be nice to be able to dock it like a chart. In the meantime, I have a dummy chart that takes up a chunk of space that I put the formula output window over. Also, it would be nice to not have it "always on top". Finally, it would be nice to have the option to allow text in the output window to wrap.
    Text wrapping is coming in 11.1 (Early March). Thanks for the idea on the embedded output window. Definitely will add that to our to-do list.

HOT KEYS DON'T WORK ON DOCKED WINDOWS: You probably are aware, but it seems that the drawing tool's hot keys only work on a detached window. Dock the window and they stop working.
    This has seemingly been fixed in the 11.1 alpha I'm testing. I'm able to consistently use hotkeys no matter if charts are detached or attached.

FONT SIZE DIFFERENCE: From v10 to v11, it seems that all text drawn from EFS scripts are larger. Not a big deal, but I do have to tweak my scripts to accommodate. Perhaps the default font is different, which is a typically larger font? Not a big deal, but something I noticed.
    Thanks for the report. We'll look into this.

ALERT BUBBLE SPANS MONITORS: I like the new alert bubble on the bottom right that displays info of alerts, connection issues, or EFS issues. However, if you run multiple screens, this bubble seems to span multiple monitors making it hard to read. It would be nice for it to stay on the one monitor.

WATCH LIST NOT COLOR CODING PERCENT CHANGE: The "Change" column is colored red/green if the number is down/up, respectively. It would be nice if the "% Change" was also color coded this way, as in v10.
    Thanks for these suggestions. We'll look into these possibilities.

EFS "setShowCursorLabel()" NOT WORKING AS EXPECTED: I typically set this function to false. I expect it to then hide the script from the "Data Window". In v11, I have to manually hide the label, even if I set this value.

EFS TITLES DISAPPEAR IN "Format Object" WINDOW: For some reason my custom EFS often have their title disappear in the "Format Object" window. I'm not sure why.
    We will try to duplicate these and log them as bugs if so. If we have questions on this, we'll post back in this thread.

FIB RETRACEMENT TOOL NOT REMEMBERING ALL SETTINGS: You are probably aware of this bug. I personally don't use the "distance lines", so I turn them off and try and set this as default. However, when I draw a new retracement tool, the distance lines are still there.
    A large amount of work on 11.1 was done to make sure defaults can fully be set for charts, studies and lines. This was repaired in that effort. A few short weeks, and we'll have 11.1 out for the public.

Appreciate all the great feedback and look forward to any more you'd like to share.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Re: My v11 Bug List and Wishlist

We actually found that this difference is caused by 10.6 rendering incorrectly the default font size. In version 11 this is working correctly.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my comments. I couldn't have asked for a better response!

Thank you,
        Daniel

Comment

I thought of another suggestion that would be FANTASTIC in v10 and v11:

I write a lot of EFS scripts and distribute them. Often, they require a efsLib file to go along with it. Typically, this causes headaches with the users since they don't know where to put the library file or forget to download it in the first place.

To compliment the addLibrary() function, it would be great if there were routines to do the following, "if library does not exist locally, go get it from this URL and automatically put it in the FunctionLibrary" folder.

The checkVersion() function goes part of the way, by checking if the file at the given URL matches the one locally. But, if it doesn't exist AT ALL locally, how about just grab it? If security is an issue, how about a little message box that says, "The script is requesting to download a library file to run properly. Automatically download (recommended)?".

While on the subject of checkVersion(), it would be nice if this was a bit more obvious to the user when there are updates available. Perhaps a popup, rather than just a notification in the system tray?

Just some suggestions...

Thanks!
          Daniel

Comment

Working...
          X