Custom Field in a Quote Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Field in a Quote Window

Is it possible to create an EFS that generates a value for a custom Field in a Quote Window in eSignal? If so, please can you point me to a help link for this?

Thanks.
    Standing on the shoulders of giants.

Not at the present time but I think we're headed in that direction with the 11 series. Having added EFS as a column in a quote window, lots of possibilities will avail themselves. Can you describe what you're looking for in a bit more detail so we can consider in future specs?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Scott,

I hope the direction this is going is towards a RadarScreen like tool. Back during 7.9, when eSignal quote list formulas were first(?) being developed, the sample I saw was nice and simple. But elsewhere in this forum I saw that full EFS type scripts will be needed ... way, way too unneccessarily complicated.

While quote list formulas are still new, I would suggest you scrap using efs script in them, and develop something much simpler. I will be happy to show you an efs vs TDAmeritrade Strategy Desk comparision if you'd like a an example of what I mean.

Regards
      shaeffer

Comment

Hi Scott,

Great, as you are also a TDA user you can see exactly what I mean. More specifically, it is the Level 1 window in TDA Strategy Desk that would equate with eSignal's quote window formulas. Since you will be able to see how simple the formulas are, let me show you an example of the end product.

Below is one of a few Strategy Desk windows I use. The first three columns are:

1. slope (rising or falling) of a fast stochastic
        2. slope of a slower stochastic
        3. slope of a MACD curve

Those first three columns all reference the 5 minute timeframe. The next three groupings of three columns reference the 15', 65' and daily timeframes respectively.

The colors tell me if the stochastic is:
        - rising under 20, olive
        - rising above 20, green
        - rising above 80, blue
        - falling above 80, pink
        - falling below 80, red
        - falling under 20, dark red

The MACD curve color indicates: rising, falling, just reversed up, just reversed down.

(And if you also simply want to see: Last, hod, lod, %chg etc, just add them as another column. Or any indicator values can be displayed, as wildfiction requested)

Think how many charts, monitors and CPU power would be needed to see that same info in charts. Hopefully eSignals quote windows will have the same functionality.

Regards
        shaeffer
        Attached Files

Comment

Incidently, in the previous example the condition of selected indicators was shown for a fixed group of symbols. Alternately, this setup can be put into scan mode, where from a large number of symbols (say the Nasdaq 100) only those that meet a selected criteria (or combination thereof) would appear. This functionality in 11.x would be a great leap forward!

Comment

Working...
          X