Open & Close On Bar Charts In V.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open & Close On Bar Charts In V.11

Is there a way to display the open and close on Bar Charts in Esignal V.11? All I seem to have the option for is a straight bar denoting just the high and low.

You can add a Data Window to a Chart which will display the Open/High/Low/Close Values for a given bar in your cursor's crosshairs.

Comment

Thank you for your reply and yes, I know about the Data Window but my concern is the Bar Chart itself and the fact that it does not show an open or close on the bars. These two visuals are very important to chart readers and I won't be able to make the transfer to V.11 until I see the open and close on every bar.

The open and close does exist in a number of screenshots showing off V.11 but I can not seem to get the V.11 Bar Chart to display anything but the high and low.

Perhaps in a later release you folks will have this corrected.

Comment

Havok,

This is actually the result of a certain compression of bar spacing. If you increase the spacing between each bar (Alt + Right Arrow or drag your mouse left along the time axis), then this issue will disappear. Also, the degree to which the bars remove their Open and Close marks will dramatically improved in eSignal 11.1 due out next week.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Update: Increasing bar width worked, open and close on the bars appeared at a bar width of 3.38px for me.

Comment

Working...
            X