Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about esignal 11

Hello, I'm Cristina from Italy. I have some questions about esignal 11

1. Is there a function for automatic or manual backup?

2. Why there is not minimize button in chart window?

3. It's not possible to have red and green colors for change in watchlist in %change column like in version 10?
    http://i54.tinypic.com/b7b8l4.jpg
    http://i56.tinypic.com/2e2hrnl.jpg

4. In watchlist, columns 52w low and 52w high do not update and do not change color

5. In advanced chart 10,6 with a double click on a bar/candle in the data window we were able to create two new fields apt to count:
    a) the number of di bars in the range selected with the cursor
    b) its percentage difference
    Does exist a similar feature in version 11?

6. It is possible to visualize on the time axis forward dates or hours?

7. The version 10 function "send file to" will be implemented in version 11?

8. Does exist a feature similar to "style template"?

9. We will never have function data export?

10. The look of $CRBQX index on daily or weekly graph is anomalous. It's only a problem of mine?
    http://i54.tinypic.com/552uq9.jpg

11. Book for symbol ftmib h1-idm works bad. why?

12 It is possible to have in one chart window two or more different time periods of the same symbol?

Perhaps some answers to my issues are present in the forum, but my english is not very fluent,
    so I beg your pardon for the lengthy list of issues I put to Your kind attention. Thank You in advance

cri

Re: about esignal 11

no answer at all from esignal? :-(

Comment

Re: about esignal 11

Originally posted by brigitrader
      Hello, I'm Cristina from Italy. I have some questions about esignal 11

1. Is there a function for automatic or manual backup?
      First off, thanks for your great questions. Most of your questions are centered around 10.6 features being put into 11. Because this application is a complete re-write from the ground up, we knew we weren't going to get all things carried over into the first few releases. That being said, this is an ongoing effort and we will continue to migrate features over throughout the year. Please keep in mind you can run both 10.6 and 11 side-by-side in the meantime.

Specifically on backing up, this is not present yet, but is scheduled to come in 11.2 (due out in late spring).
      2. Why there is not minimize button in chart window?
      You likely have eSignal 11 running in Docked window mode. This makes every window visible within the page and attached to each other. If you prefer having the ability to more fully control windows, you'll want to switch to Standard window mode; this can be done under Application Properties.
      3. It's not possible to have red and green colors for change in watchlist in %change column like in version 10?
      http://i54.tinypic.com/b7b8l4.jpg
      http://i56.tinypic.com/2e2hrnl.jpg
      That is correct... not at this time, but this is on our list to do.
      4. In watchlist, columns 52w low and 52w high do not update and do not change color
      This columns do update after the close of the post market session. This is by design to show how much a stock has exceeded its 52-Week High or Low. The coloration alert has not yet been added, but is on the list to do.
      5. In advanced chart 10,6 with a double click on a bar/candle in the data window we were able to create two new fields apt to count:
      a) the number of di bars in the range selected with the cursor
      b) its percentage difference
      Does exist a similar feature in version 11?
      Not at this time as the double-click action is used for other features, but we are creating a measurement tool to do a similar function as well as more types of measurements.
      6. It is possible to visualize on the time axis forward dates or hours?
      This is scheduled for 11.2.
      7. The version 10 function "send file to" will be implemented in version 11?
      This is scheduled for a release in the latter half of this year. In the meantime, you can still take screenshots of 11, using the 10.6 tool via the camera icon in your System Tray.
      8. Does exist a feature similar to "style template"?
      It is released in 11.1 (comes out in just a few hours). Head on over to the download page to grab the latest copy.
      9. We will never have function data export?
      We will certainly have the ability to export data in the future. I don't have an estimate for this feature yet, but it is definitely on the list to do.
      10. The look of $CRBQX index on daily or weekly graph is anomalous. It's only a problem of mine?
      http://i54.tinypic.com/552uq9.jpg
      This should already be corrected on your charts. Please confirm.
      11. Book for symbol ftmib h1-idm works bad. why?
      Market Depth for the IDM is not available yet on the eSignal network. This is scheduled for the second half of this year.
      12. It is possible to have in one chart window two or more different time periods of the same symbol?
      Yes, right-click a chart and select Insert Symbol.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Re: Re: about esignal 11

thank you very much JayF. I have just installed 11.1 and i'm waiting in the next weeks for new launches as your nice response.

about 10. $CRBQX index it' ok.
        about 12. I certainly explained bad. I need to have a fractal of two or more different periods of the same symbol on the same chart. for example, to overlap a symbol for 2001-2004 to 2007-2010

Thank you in advance

cri

Comment

At this time, the chart has one time scale per window, which doesn't allow for the comparison you describe. It is an idea that we may consider for a future release though.
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Ok JayF, I hope so. thanks a lot

Originally posted by JayF
            At this time, the chart has one time scale per window, which doesn't allow for the comparison you describe. It is an idea that we will consider for a future release though.

Comment

Working...
            X