constant volume charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• constant volume charts

There seems to be an issue with CV charts in 11.0. When a chart is first loaded the bars are not CV. In the first screenshot, ES 5000v, those bars were loaded initially (dynamically, to fill the screen). As the ticks came in during realtime trading, future bars were drawn constantly (starting from the point of the cursor). In the second screenshot, the bars are loaded now, with correct values for each bar.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

actually, i'm somewhat contradicting myself. the initial bars in the first picture, i don't know how they got in there. All I know is that eSig was running a long time after those first bars. Even the bars that are supposedly drawn correctly in the first screen (as the ticks came in) are drawn differently upon reload. if you look closely at the peaks and valleys, in comparison to the second screenshot.

the practical effect is that i cannot trade in realtime, because when I reload eSig, the bars are different.

Comment

here is a further illustration of the point. yesterday, after i wrote this thread, I started eSig x 64, along w/ MultiCharts running off eSignal. Each program had a 35000v chart of ES #F. Upon first loading, the charts (prior day) were identical. I left them running all day. The first screen shot shows eSig just now. The second shows MultiCharts just now. Notice the difference in the peaks and the troughs. Well, which one is correct? So, I closed eSig and reloaded. Lo and behold, it renders the same (third screenshot).
        Attached Files

Comment

... (Multicharts)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by atlas; 03-03-2011, 05:54 PM.

Comment

(eSig after reload, notice how it matches Multicharts now)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by atlas; 03-03-2011, 05:48 PM.

Comment

well, actually there is still a light difference, but, it's much closer

Comment

Working...
              X