11.1 Invisible Cursor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11.1 Invisible Cursor

If you set the cursor to invisible in chart properties and click Apply To All Pages, it will change some of the other settings on your charts on all pages. For example line charts will change to bar charts if the active chart to which you make the change is a bar chart.
    The same problem occurred in a past version but was once fixed.
    Also the cursor will be enabled when opening a new chart .

Jay
    Last edited by jay60; 03-09-2011, 05:59 AM.

jay60, yes you are correct, this is what will happen by design I believe. What you can do is define several chart styles with your personal chart preferences. For example one for bar charts, one for candle charts. You can give them names like My daily bar chart. When you do this every indicator that you saved into that chart style can be applied on any chart you wish or all daily charts in your whole system.

Mike Scott
    Tarzana, CA
    ....Mike

Comment

>Mike

I believe you are talking about creating Style Templates. But I am talking about making one change to the settings in the Chart Properties window and having just that change applied to all charts on all pages by clicking Apply To All Pages. And unless I misunderstand the meaning of Apply To All Pages it should do just that, and without changing any of the other settings in the charts, which it now does. For example it changes the Chart Type even though Chart Type is not included in Chart Properties.

Sorry if I was not clearer before. Have been away from English for a long time!

Jay

Originally posted by mike_scott
      jay60, yes you are correct, this is what will happen by design I believe. What you can do is define several chart styles with your personal chart preferences. For example one for bar charts, one for candle charts. You can give them names like My daily bar chart. When you do this every indicator that you saved into that chart style can be applied on any chart you wish or all daily charts in your whole system.

Mike Scott
      Tarzana, CA

Comment

Re: 11.1 Invisible Cursor

I just found the old thread where I reported the same thing on 1/23/2011 titled 'Apply To All bug' but with images to make it more understandable.
        Or do I misunderstand the meaning of the Apply to All function?

Jay

Originally posted by jay60
        If you set the cursor to invisible in chart properties and click Apply To All Pages, it will change some of the other settings on your charts on all pages. For example line charts will change to bar charts if the active chart to which you make the change is a bar chart.
        The same problem occurred in a past version but was once fixed.
        Also the cursor will be enabled when opening a new chart .

Jay

Comment

I don't think so, at least not on my machine...
          Apply to all means apply every chart setting in your style to every chart using that style. If you only have one style you get every chart updated. If you make one change you are making a change to a whole list of chart paramaters associated with that style. When you apply to all you update the entire list of paramaters. You really are working with styles and what you want I don't believe exists. So why not make a series of personal chart styles with names that make sense to you and change the specific paramaters to that style. Now when you apply to all you will be modifying every chart that is using that style. Thge rest of the charts using a different style should stay the same.

Mike Scott
          Tarzana, CA
          ....Mike

Comment

>mike

I can understand what you and the instructions say should happen when changing a feature in a Style Template. However, when you make the change in a ST and click Apply To All Pages, rather than making that change to only that ST on all pages, it makes the change to other STs as well as other charts that have not been assigned a ST. I've tried all the combinations I could think of to restrict the change to that one ST on all pages. Can't find the right one. Maybe there is one , but I'm sitting here in Tokyo going through one aftershock after another, so my concentration is not at its best.

Now as for my original point, there also seems to be no way to apply a change made in chart properties to all charts, ST or not, on all pages, which it seemed to me it should do by clicking Apply To All Pages in chart properties, and without changing the other settings. If you change just the color of the scale in a bar chart, ST or not, and click Apply To All Pages, not only will the scale change color in all ST and non-ST charts, but all the line and candle charts will change to bar charts. But, if this is the way it's supposed to be(doubt), please tell me the correct procedure
            to avoid the unwanted changes

Without there being such a function it will be quite inconvenient.

Back to the aftershocks,
            Jay

Comment

Working...
            X