Copying drawing tools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying drawing tools.

I've metioned this a number of times, and as it's my pet peeve, I'll give it another shot.

To copy a trendline in 10.6 it takes 3 clicks and 3 seconds. In 11.1 it takes 6 clicks and 8 seconds. The time is more than twice as an additional menu must open and then you have to grab the new line, as it doesn't automatically attach to the pointer as it does in 10.6.

I know that many people not only copy trendlines to make channels, but also use the trendline function to plot horizontal support/resistance levels. So, you could wind up with quite a few lines to copy and edit, and 100+ extra steps every day puts a big callus on your clicking finger, not to mention the loss of time and concentration. Truly not user friendly.

Going back to 10.6's 3 steps would be great. But even better would be a 2 click method that I once saw. This was where there was a point in the center of the line on which you clicked and the new line popped up attached to the pointer(as in 10.6) that you then dropped at the desired location. Something like in the attached.

Thank you again for considering this,

Jay
    Attached Files

We will take a look at the process of copying and pasting drawing tools in 11 since as you point out, it does require extra steps. Hopefully this will take place in 11.2.

We do have a Parallel tool on the list of enhancements to be implemented. This will make it very easy to create channel lines and then copy and paste them in a new location on a chart.

Comment

Working...
    X