Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Line Draw and HotKeys Lost?

Hello

I downloaded 11.1 and made a first attempt at rebuilding my 10.6 layout. Once I figured out where efs's needed to be stored, inserting them went well.

But one of the first things I missed was my hotkeys. I see a lot of preset hotkeys in 11.1, but can we (or will we be able to) define our own hotkeys? Or is there a hotkey default file I can import my previous hotkeys into?

And speaking of hotkeys, I use 'D' (as in Draw a line) as my hotkey to draw a ray. To Draw a Red colored ray with thickness of 2, I now just type DR2 and move my mouse - very quick and easy. It seems in 11.1 that we have to draw the line with whatever defaults, then use the Edit Chart window to set the color and thickness? Please tell me the quick line draw feature as described above has not breen scrapped?

Re Horizontal lines, it would be very nice to have an "extend right only" default choice. This would make it very easy to draw a horizontal support line off a swing low (as opposed to drawing a horizontal ray). Otherwise, the line continuing to the left of the current swing low implies some off chart significance to the left, which is likely not there.

Regards
    shaeffer

I was involved directly with the eSignal programmer many years ago when the Quick Line Draw feature was created. At that time we added a small file to my program. I think this feature was added to the main program, but would any user please confirm this for me?

To confirm this either:
    1. Click your ray tool, immediately followed by typing G3 and draw a ray... you should get a green ray with thickness 3, or

2. click an existing ray, or segment or horizontal line, followed by typing B4, and your line should become blue, with a thickness of 4.

Would someone using 10.6 (or earlier) please confirm that works?

Thanks in advance
    Shaeffer
    Last edited by shaeffer; 03-23-2011, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Confirmed on ver 10.6.
      Good to know it !
      Any other hotkey ???
      Regards
      Massimo
      Last edited by maxmax68; 03-23-2011, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

For the colors, you can use keys:
        W Y R U O P G K C B any other key gives you grey. Try them all in case I missed some.

And then the numbers control the line thickness.

Regards
        Shaeffer

Comment

Quick Line Draw will return?

Still hoping for an answer to my original question.

Will the previous ability to quickly draw new or edit existing lines (rays, h-lines, v-lines, segments, arrows) with the desired color and thickness be restored in 11.2?

Thanks
          Shaeffer

Comment

Shaeffer,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. The HotKey Functions are currently in development and are scheduled to be implemented with eSignal 11.3.

I thank you for you patience.

AveryH

Comment

Good to know hotkeys are coming, thanks.

What about the other half of my question? Will the ability to quickly change existing trend line colors and thicknesses be restored in 11.3?

As an example, will I be able to click on a line and press 'Y' to change its color to yellow, and/or '2' to change its thickness to 2?

Shaeffer

Comment

Shaeffer,

I've forwarded this question on to our Product Manager and once I hear back I'll let you know.

Thanks

AveryH
                eSignal Support

Comment

OK Avery, thanks.

Honestly, other than the recent addition of market internals, this quick line draw/change feature has been the biggest eSignal improvement (for me) since ver 7.9 so I would be very disappointed if it got lost in 11.x

Regards
                  Shaeffer

Comment

Shaeffer,

Thank you for your patience, I heard back from Product Managerment regarding your inquired for the quick drawing tools for eSignal 11. Quick drawing tools is on the list of enhancement but is has not yet been assigned a version it would be release in.

AveryH
                    eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks for the reply Avery,

There are many long time users (myself included) that are 'unable' to use 11.x because certain pre-11.x tools we became very familiar with are no longer available.

Clearly there are many great new features in 11.x, that will attract new users and provide long term users opportunity to improve their trading system. But before you focus on even more new things, please put first priorty on returning the tools / functionality we had before, so long time users don't have to BOTH learn the new features AND fumble around with workarounds for the tools that so far have been lost in 11.x

Yes, getting new users is great, but please don't do it at the expense of long time users. Please give restoring previous tools and functionality first priority.

Regards
                      Shaeffer

Comment

We are aware of missing functionality in the 11 series as it currently stands. Missing items are being migrated with each new version. Your feedback is much appreciated and we will strive to make the future versions a complete replacement for the 10 series.

Comment

Quick Line Draw feature??

Originally posted by eSignal_AveryH
                          Shaeffer,

Thank you for your patience, I heard back from Product Managerment regarding your inquired for the quick drawing tools for eSignal 11. Quick drawing tools is on the list of enhancement but is has not yet been assigned a version it would be release in.

AveryH
                          eSignal Support
                          Hello,
                          Any update on when 11.x will get the Quick Line Draw feature from the pre-11 versions?.

Though it may seem a minor thing, the ability to draw a Ray, Segment, H-line, V-Line or Arrow with the color and thinkness I want the first time is important to me. Having to draw a default line first, and then edit it for desired color and for thickness is such a waste of time and focus, especially since before we could get the line we wanted the first time.

Similarly, to edit an existing line by simply clicking on it and keying R2 to change it to Red with thickness 2 is so much quicker than opening edit windows and selecting from pulldown menus.

Hopefully priority is being given to restoring all previous features.
                          Thanks
                          Shaeffer

Comment

line tools in eSignal 11

The ability to change the defaults of a line without first drawing a line on a chart is something that we tried in testing with the new version. We found that it was very difficult to tell what was being edited and there was no way to preview the changes that were happening. We decided against adding this as a feature to the new version of eSignal at this time.

As far as using the keyboard to do quick edits to lines, this is a feature that I've put in a request for and will post an update once I get a response from our developers.
                            Thank you,
                            Eric O.
                            eSignal Support

Comment

quick draw lines

To be able to adjust the settings of the line being drawn using hotkeys is a feature request that I have put in with our developers. As of right now, there are other changes and features that are taking priority over this change and I don't know what version of the program this may be released in.

Within the upcoming version of eSignal 11.4 it is possible to create custome toolbars with specific lines on them, but the hotkey functionality is still in developement.
                              Thank you,
                              Eric O.
                              eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                              X