Additional 11.1 Chart-Editing Capability, Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional 11.1 Chart-Editing Capability, Please

I've taken my first look at Version 11.1, focusing especially on the "Edit Chart" function. I was surprised that the developers have not [yet] introduced any "style options" for various studies [e.g., pivot lines; OHLC, etc.], meaning the individual trader cannot edit charts according to his/her preferences.

A] Please compare the OHLC [previous open, previous high, etc.,] in the Version 11.1 "Edit Chart" window with the Version 10.6 "Edit Studies" window. Note that Version 10.6 enables the user to select the OHLC color, line thickness, type of line [solid, broken, etc.,], whereas Version 11.1 offers no style options. Similarly, Version 11.1 does not allow the trader to edit pivot lines [e.g., R1; R2; S1; S2, etc.,]. E-Signal competitors give the individual trader this editing capability.

B] Please take a look at the chart of TBL at the end of this message; the chart includes pivot lines R1; R2; S1; S2. I do not understand why e-Signal charts show inter-day connecting lines --- they are distracting and make the chart look more 'messy.' [Example: today's S2 for TBL is 36.79, and is connected by a line to Friday's S2 at around 38.55.] It would add to greater chart clarity [in my view] if these connecting lines were deleted or, at least, if the trader were enabled to remove them.

C] Note, again with reference to the chart of TBL, that the S2 line is almost $3 below the stock price. In cases such as this, is there not some 'smart' function, meaning an automatic adjustment of the vertical [price] axis so that the chart expands and S2 is not seen. This is especially relevant where several charts are shown on one page [meaning the charts are small to begin with]; these charts are obviously compressed further to accommodate lines such as S2 in this example. Obviously, in terms of my example, if the TBL price were to plunge the axis would readjust and S2 would now reappear.

D] For many [most?] day-traders some studies such as pivot lines, OHLC, etc., of several days ago are irrelevant, take up additional screen space and make the charts more confusing. It would be highly desirable if you would enable the trader to [1] show these lines only for the actual trading day, in other words, today. [2] In the case of the OHLC, it would also be very helpful if today's line could be extended to the left across just the previous session [in this example, Friday]. Many trading packages offer this kind of versatility.

E] E-Signal's day pivot lines under "Formulas" within "Insert Study" show only R1; R2; S1; S2. Given today's volatility many floor traders and other professional-level players also use R3; R4; S3; S4. It would be helpful if you would add at least R3 and S3.

I fully recognize that some of my chart requests/suggestions can be addressed via script, programming, etc., but the developers must recognize that a considerable portion of your consumber base is not going to become programmers. Speaking only for myself, my interest in Version 11.1 is not in how much programming it allows me to do -- my interest is in how little I have to do.

Thank you, and I apologize for the length of this message.

pot

Here is the chart of TBL I referred to in my earlier post today.

pot
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the post and the suggested enhancement of eSignal. I’ve forwarded your suggestion on to the Product Manager for review. The forums are a great place to voice these suggestions and any ideas that you have. To better handle your suggestions and to make sure that our Product Managers and Developers get your ideas, we suggest that you use the Request a Feature from the Support menu in eSignal 11 or send an email directly to [email protected]. When email please include a detailed description of the enhancement and any other information you feel might be needed.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X