X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal advanced chart scale issue

I am displaying in an advanced daily chart the spread symbol:

$UVOL / $DVOL

I place that string in the symbol field or alternatively define it as a spread symbol in the spread symbol utility.

The chart seems to render properly but the scale shows integer values only even though the chart values themselves can have inbetween values. The results are the same in eS10.6 and eS11.1. The value in the cursor or data window is integer only also.

Without writing a new script, is it possible to obtain more precision in the output of a spread-symbol?

Mike Scott
    Tarzana, CA
    ....Mike

Mike,

In 10.6, you go to Tools->Spread Symbol Settings and enter that formula, attach a name of your choosing to it and you have full control of the decimal places.

Looks like they haven't ported this over to 11..x yet.

Comment

I already tried this in 10.6 and it doesn't work. I thought I explained that in my original post. In 10.6 I request 2 digit precision and now no values show on the axis and no values show up in the data window. The chart renders okay I think.

Try it: $UVOL / $DVOL

Mike Scott
      Tarzana, CA

Originally posted by SteveH
      Mike,

In 10.6, you go to Tools->Spread Symbol Settings and enter that formula, attach a name of your choosing to it and you have full control of the decimal places.

Looks like they haven't ported this over to 11..x yet.
      ....Mike

Comment

Works at my end
        Alex

Originally posted by mike_scott
        I already tried this in 10.6 and it doesn't work. I thought I explained that in my original post. In 10.6 I request 2 digit precision and now no values show on the axis and no values show up in the data window. The chart renders okay I think.

Try it: $UVOL / $DVOL

Mike Scott
        Tarzana, CA

Comment

Okay, What am I doing wrong?

I defined the spread symbol the same as you. If you look at my image you will see that no prices are on the vertical scale and not prices show up in the cursor window. I do not know how to put an image inline in the text as you have done, so I attached a .png image.

Mike Scott
          Tarzana, CA

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
          Works at my end
          Alex

Attached Files
          ....Mike

Comment

Working...
          X