No announcement yet.

How do I change the default intervals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I change the default intervals?

In 11.1, there is a drop-down menu which lists a row of default time intervals which the user can select. Are those hard-coded and you can't change them with my own sets of defaults for each interval type? There's got to be a way to change them to all the ones I want, not all the ones eSignal thinks I want.

Also, to the left of default interval drop-down menu where the user can enter their own custom interval, the box is not wide enough. You should ALWAYS be able to see the entirety of the text typed.

Another question unrelated to the above:

I had an error in one of the EFS's I was loading. Once I fixed it, I had no clue as to how to reload the script in-place. It was EASY in 10.x. Why did you get rid of that reload/remove capability from the right-click popup menu?

Re: How do I change the default intervals?

Steve,
    You should just note that eSignal 11 is a work in progress and they haven't gotten rid of anything; they just are not done yet. We are all suffering with the loss of a few key functions that we use in eSignal 10. I for example miss the eSignal 10 EFS2 Toolbox that helped with syntax of efs functions. I too miss the ability to reload a script. I do not worry for a second however that it won't eventually show up. I can't fully transition to eSignal 11 until some of these things are finished. I can however use it along side eSignal 10 as a helper, a very significant one.

When I first used the drop down menu for intervals, the one with the arrow I couldn'f find the M or monthly interval. But I could select M from the drop down menu just to the right, the one with the clock. After selecting this the M magically appeared later in the drop down menu with the arrow at the top of the list... I can't get rid of intervals I don't use but at least the menu seems to add items that I have used and the menu seems to be organized with the most recent used items at the top driving the unused ones lower in the list.

Mike Scott
    Tarzana, CA

Originally posted by SteveH
    In 11.1, there is a drop-down menu which lists a row of default time intervals which the user can select. Are those hard-coded and you can't change them with my own sets of defaults for each interval type? There's got to be a way to change them to all the ones I want, not all the ones eSignal thinks I want.

Also, to the left of default interval drop-down menu where the user can enter their own custom interval, the box is not wide enough. You should ALWAYS be able to see the entirety of the text typed.

Another question unrelated to the above:

I had an error in one of the EFS's I was loading. Once I fixed it, I had no clue as to how to reload the script in-place. It was EASY in 10.x. Why did you get rid of that reload/remove capability from the right-click popup menu?
    ....Mike

Comment

Mike:

Broadly speaking, I share your equanimity. Version 11 is very much a 'work in progress' with, according to Tech Support, many additional features/functionalities just round the bend.

However, e-Signal subscribers cannot blindly assume their particular favorite features will automatically show up in a Version 11 revision. In that context posting feature requests on this board is potentially helpful since, if read by Tech Support, it will increase the likelihood that a desired feature/study is actually added.

pot

Comment

Guys,

I seriously doubt that 11.x is even being developed in-house. It's far too easy to fire slackers and hire new talent to get a re-write project back on track. Nothing in the development of 11.x has looked easy in this regard.

[Maybe I'm just being cynical...but 25 years of professional software development experience is telling me otherwise]

Comment

Working...
        X