v11.1 Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v11.1 Performance

One of the big "hopes" I had for v11 eSignal was that with multi threading it would be faster than v10. Well, it might have been a bit more consistent, but definitely no faster.

With each successive dot release or maintenance release v11 seems to get even slower to the point that it is like trying to play a video game on a very poorly spec'd PC. The cursor does not move around the screen, it jumps. To click on a point on the chart, you have to wait for the system to recognize where the cursor is.

It just is not getting better, in fact I am beginning to feel that a return to v10 would be advantageous.

If I am alone in thinking the performance is bad, then I will shut up now, but looking at other posts, it seems I am not the only one.

When is eSignal going to look at the performance issues? Is the plan to wait until all the planned functionality is there, then do it? If so, that is just not going to work.

I have a 2.66GHz 4 core processor and 4GB RAM is this not man enough? If so, what is needed these days to get decent performance?

Sorry to sound negative, but things are starting to take so long to do anything that it is beginning to affect trading.

Optimization is an ongoing process with the 11 series but as with any complex application, user experience will vary by use, configuration, etc.

It's clear that going to a multi-threaded and 64 bit OS will dramatically improve the potential for high performance but parts of the code itself still need some improvements to take advantage of the CPU and OS structure.

We're confident that we'll see faster and faster performance with each new version of the 11 series.

Thanks.

Comment

One feature that was in v10 that is not in v11 that was useful is the Performance Monitor. That at least allowed you to see where eSignal was spending a lot of time and optimize the charts for performance.

Is this due for inclusion in v11 sometime soon? Or have I missed it somewhere?

Comment

The possible re-introduction of the Performance Monitor is still under review by our Product Team.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
          The possible re-introduction of the Performance Monitor is still under review by our Product Team.
          Just a quick note. I use a great many custom scripts, and I found the Performance Monitor very useful in making sure all of the scripts were optimized. It helped me eliminate some very time consuming, and not that useful, lines of code or find a more efficient way around.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. It all helps.

Thanks.

Comment

Esignal 11 development team - I'm sorry, but I have to express some not so pleasant remarks about your product. First it is very interesting to know the genius behind such a brilliant idea - to release the new product with half old product's features. I would fire such person(s) right away. How on the earth paid product like yours lacks funcionality and features of frebie programs i.e. Meta trader ????? Go and download yourself it and compare - esignal indicators and trading systems are obsolete !!! And it should be the opposite. I wish you to finally wake up and start to deliver REAL value for our money.
              Last edited by skirmantas; 04-13-2011, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X