v11 bugs / feature requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v11 bugs / feature requests

I'm new to v11 so I don't know if these features are available or just well hidden

1. (Feature request/usability bug)

Each night I build a watchlist with key price levels that I watch during the day. I place them in a portfolio so I can see where they are relative to their key swing levels but I'm finding this a huge pain.

For instance, if I wanted to add the LULU 95 alert I would have to:

ctrl-I LULU enter (enters LULU without any details)
    double-click purch price col (opens the Position window)
    click price field (or type tab tab tab tab tab tab)
    type 95
    click "OK" (can't hit enter or even tab over to the "OK" button!!)

Some things that would make it a lot easier would be if there was a hotkey (like Ctrl-P) which would open a window with the portfolio values. Next, in the portfolio, the key values we're entering are quantity, Action and entry price - the tab order should reflect that. Finally (and I can't believe this isn't in place already!), hitting enter should be like clicking "OK"! Even if I use to navigate the fields, I still can't get to the OK button. This is bizarre and it would make my life a lot easier if it was smoothed out a bit.

2. (think this is a bug)

When I apply a chart style to all charts on the page, all of the study settings get wiped out.

To replicate: create a page and add 2 charts.
    Add two Moving averages (Exponential, length 9 and 20).
    Under "Edit Chart", change the length of one EMA from 20 to 22 then click "Apply To... Current Page".

The periods of the EMAs get reset

3. (bug or weird design?) Sorting a watchlist doesn't update

I created a watchlist with several portfolio values. I sorted the list by %Return and everything sorts initially but when the prices change, the sort order isn't updated. There may be performance or usability reasons why it shouldn't refresh 10x/second but I've watched the list for minutes and it isn't updating.

I'm attaching a screen cap
    Attached Files

Re (3) sorting - I found an option to automatically update the sort. I'm surprised that this wasn't enabled by default but whatever, at least I figured out where it is now.

So that's one problem solved

Comment

Another bug/feature request:

When I have a row in one porfolio/watchist and try to copy or cut-paste it to a new watchlist, the purchase price, size and other details are lost. This additional info really should be carried along.

Comment

The current copy/paste is for the symbol only but perhaps a copy/paste for the position would be a nice addition. You can use "duplicate" window or page and that will copy all positions along with symbols.

Thanks.

Originally posted by zounds
        Another bug/feature request:

When I have a row in one porfolio/watchist and try to copy or cut-paste it to a new watchlist, the purchase price, size and other details are lost. This additional info really should be carried along.

Comment

I seem to still have some problems with scripts that stop updating as the day progresses. I've sent files to tech support, at their request, but haven't seen any solution to this. I'm assuming the v11.1 is still "developing."

I've had to revert back to v10.6 as a result. Maybe in another six months or so the new version will be more stable?

Comment

Style Template, Lines & Studies on Chart

Have some questions on version 11.1.2272.1053 32-bit that need eSignal staff advice, thank you.

1. How could saved Style Template be removed from the menu?
            2. Where is the Style Template file located?
            3. How can exact value of Horizontal line drawn in chart be defined?
            4. Would like to request for function to able to define exact (X & Y axis) values of all line types drawn in chart.
            5. For case where multiple symbols are insert onto the same chart (with or without overlay), how could studies that require subcharts be applied to individual symbol?
            Seems that all studies applied are for the first symbol in the chart.
            6. If studies can be applied to individual symbol in the same chart, will these studies follow the time interval of the first symbol or its corresponding symbol?

Comment

Working...
            X